Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain

Posted by Sherry on 3/02/03 at 20:19 (111509)

I have had heel pain in the spot that every pic for palnters fasciites
shows I have had problems contiually for 4 years I have had 20 steriod shots, 3 nerve blocks, inserts for my shoes (made for me and bought)
I have had TTS surgery, Physical therapy, steriods by mouth, air cast, that works great until the cast comes off, no one listens to me though when I say my pain is not any worse or less after rest the only time it doesnt hurt is when I am not on it . If I am on it all day which I normally am I hurt all night long with no relief..the more I am on it hte more it hurts I am scheduled for a ESWT in 2 weeks and am rather sceptical about it..I think perhaps for those of us who wasnt listened to and the pain has went on for year after year are only doomed for the palnters release..However i am going to give the ESWT a shot only as a last resort.
Have you ever heard of anything else causing this much heel pain?
I have had xrays and an mri and there is no heel spur?? Kinda weird I think
Hopefully i will hear from you before the 2 weeks of my event..And do you know anything of a Dr. Adamovsky?? I got his addy here on this website and all of a sudden his name is no longer here this is who I am schedueled with kind of concerns me

Re: Heel Pain

Dr Z on 3/02/03 at 20:29 (111511)

It sounds like you are a perfect patient to have ESWT performed on. I am not sure why Dr. A stopped advertizing on this site. Have you met him ?

Sherry on 3/02/03 at 20:50 (111517)

No have not met him yet but i hit refresh and his add came up ..how odd
I surely hope this is my answer but i am not fresly secure

Sherry on 3/02/03 at 20:56 (111520)

Sorry Freshly secure
Is there any anesthesis (speling) something other than a heel block required?

Re: Heel Pain Ankles DR Z

Sherry on 3/02/03 at 21:21 (111524)

Can you tell me if my ankles , especially the right side of my right fot should be swollen and have the pain of a jump from a 10 story building and landing flat footed?? does this have anything to do with planters fasciities?

Dr Z on 3/02/03 at 22:31 (111536)

Why don't you call him directly and speak with him about your concerns. I am sure he will answer any questions you may have

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/03/03 at 13:35 (111604)

Are you scheduled for ESWT or for a consult. I find it unusual to be scheduled for an ESWT treatment without speaking with the doctor or having an exam prior to any scheduled treatment. The swelling you describe concerns me. Have you had any blood tests to rule out arthritic/rheumatoid disorders?

Re: Sherry

Dr. A on 3/03/03 at 22:28 (111677)

you are right about pulling my add from this web site. It was just a matter of economics. you can still find more info about me at podiatryinfo.com or heelpaincenter.com. What I do for out of town patients is have them fax over all of their medical records from treating docs. My fax is 314-727-6006. If I have any questions/reservations that ESWT will help or need additional information, I will take whatever action is needed. Sherry, have you faxed over your medical records?

Re: Heel Pain TO ALL DR'S

Sherry on 3/04/03 at 17:00 (111790)

I am in the process of doing so .. You will see only records from 2 dr's
as I have seen 4..I had torsel tunnel surgery 6 months ago ..no help whats so ever..have had about 20 steriod injections in the last 4 years..6 of them in 3 months prior to surgery..I am done with those they do absolutely nothing...have had 3 nerve blocks they are great unitl they wear off. then the pain is right back..I seriously am not sure that I have planters faxciites ..because the pain doesnt ever go away no matter if I set or am walking...the pain is no worse in the morning or when I first step matter fact the longer I am on it the worse it hurts and the harder it is to walk
I am now in fact walking mostly in an air cast which does relieve alot of the pain because my foot is not touching anyhting hard. I wear inserts from the most expensive to the cheap ones which i have found the price makes no difference, most of the pain is localized to the exact point were the planters and the heel connect however the right ankle is appx 2-3 times its normal size and feels like I have jumped of a 10 story building
that gets so intense it is almost to much to walk at all. I am only 36 and have been active all my life I have 6 children all that are involved in sports..thanks to age, pain, steriods by mouth, and the injections I have put on about 30 pounds and cant do much of anyhting..I promise you I am not a big baby I can tolerate a whole lot of pain and have been doing so for the last 4 years .Sometimes I am not sure as to what hursts worse the ankle or the foot..I have had blood work which will be faxed to you from the Conway foot clinc and all came out fine I do not have artheritis. To kick all this in the butt my job is to walk on a concrete floor for 8-9 hours a day..I am at your mercy..my doc charges way to much for this procedure and my insurance would not pay ..So just in case my insurance is paying for this...they were very happy that I went about to help save us bothe money ..I am in deep and dier hopes that this ESWT works and it will incourage other insuranses to help pay the cost..As of right now my insurance company has put out thousands of dollars on my foot
Thanks
Sherry

Re: Heel Pain Dr.Wander

Sherry on 3/04/03 at 17:42 (111796)

Yes I have had blood test, Mri, xrays , yadda yadda yadda
I am in so much pain , no one has any answers for me . I even had 1 dr. tell which i wasnt over weight until all the steriods and I am 155 5ft 2
which isnt tremendously bad...but he told perhaps this would be an incentive to lose weight ..well my response was why in the world doesnt my left foot know how much I weigh?? never went back as he also told me without doing and xray or anything strictly going on looking feeling and my info he wanted to give me a series of shots to kill the nerve in my foot
hmm DUNT THUNK DO>> lol
Sherry

Re: sherry

Dr. A on 3/04/03 at 18:53 (111804)

I just went half-blind reading the drs notes you faxed me(hand-written).

You have consistently been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis with pain at the attachment of the fascia on your heel. You are a perfect candidate for epos ultra eswt. The ankle swelling could be due to tarsal tunnel surgery since it was only 6 months ago. Did not get your MRI report.

Re: DR A.

Sherry on 3/04/03 at 19:02 (111807)

That was only from the Conway Dr. You should be getting anotehr fax from
Dr. Ngyuen from Little Rock he is the one that did the TT surgery.
That is all I have let him do .. I only wanted to do the release as a last
resort ..however he should be faxing my file from him soon
I am looking forward to meeting you..scared out of my wits but anxious all the same ..
Thanks for you time
Sherry

Re: Sherry

Sherry on 3/14/03 at 17:23 (113001)

DR A.
I hope you get this soon I cant find your phone # I am leaving out soon so i wont get it via email call my cell phone you have the # somewhere that is where your receptionist calls me if no answer leave it on voice thanks
Sherry