Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

left foot better

Posted by peter f on 3/03/03 at 09:22 (111561)

I have put this post in for people who are at their wits end and putting 'better' in the message search box-after 2.5 yrs my left foot has virtually no pain-eswt and rest made it better.

Mind you my right foot still has a long way to go so no need for anyone to be envious-I would just like people to know that PF can resolve even after 2.5 yrs-keep your spirits up!

Re: left foot better

Suzanne D on 3/03/03 at 10:23 (111572)

That was nice of you, Peter, to take the time to post your encouraging news!

I hope it won't be too long before your right foot is also better.

Yes, there is much to be said about 'keeping on keeping on', isn't there?!

Suzanne :-)

Bev N on 3/03/03 at 12:49 (111599)

Peter, When you say 'rest' , how much rest was required before and after ESWT before you felt like yourself again? Did you still work, or just 'rest'? How long did you suffer with the PF before you finally had the ESWT done? I know every case is an individual , I was just wondering.

Necee on 3/03/03 at 14:19 (111611)

Congratulations Peter! It's always nice to hear good news. I hope that sufferers who are at their 'wits end' will be encouraged by what you wrote.

All the best.

Happy trails....

peter f on 3/05/03 at 03:08 (111836)

I finally stopped cycling in early November -had stopped hiking last may but kept on working as usual (GP so mainly desk work and some home visits)-I felt benefit from eswt after 3 weeks but much more after 6w-I think I have concentrated on my right foot so much that I hadn't noticed my left foot getting slowly better-v diff to find a tender spot if I press hard now-my right foot remains a problem-I get slight nerve tingling when i put my foot down as well as the usual tender spot but have eswt booked soon