Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

GAZELLE super duper ultra elite ...bad?

Posted by Lolly O on 3/04/03 at 14:57 (111774)

As far as exercise:

I was getting really frustrated and sorely missed my beloved treadmill. I finally broke down and ordered that super duper ultra elite GAZELLE. I started with only 15 minutes and then iced. This morning I did 45 minutes and iced. I may be lying to myself, but I don't think using the GAZELLE is causing my heels/ankles to hurt more. But I have only used it (4) times so far.

This new model with the hydraulics is great resistance.
I am so pleased with it. Its almost too good to be true. I hope I am not causing any further damage? Has anyone had a bad foot/heel experince with the GAZELLE?

Re: GAZELLE super duper ultra elite ...bad?

SteveG on 3/04/03 at 15:25 (111779)

If it is a treadmill - don't use it. I am sure that using a treadmill is what partly gave me PF to begin with. This has been discussed a few times on this board, and the pods have stated that the drag on the treadmill does not simulate actual walking and that it can cause problems. In short, find another way to exercise - biking swimming, etc.

Karen G. on 3/05/03 at 20:00 (111937)

I bought one a week ago. Used it every day. Seems like a good low impact machine but I do notice an intense stretching feeling in my arch. I had PF anf TTS surgery March 4, 2002. I too have gotten sick of not doing any kind of exercise. I can't use the treadmill without a lot of pain.

Good luck with it and keep us posted...I'll do the same!

Dot B on 5/07/03 at 06:40 (117991)

Hi Lolly. I am sure my daughter would give anything not to have bought her treadmill. That is when she got TTS. What are you thinking? :-/