Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Studies on long term relief from TTS surgery

Posted by Pam S. on 3/05/03 at 23:50 (111967)

I have been reading this post for several months now and have decided to plunge in. I had TTS surgery release in my rt. foot in 99. The surgery was successful (I too had a positive EMG/NCV on that foot and the Dr. said it was bilateral but left was not as severe) I sometimes have burning in that foot I had the surgery in. Why would that be? It is not nearly as severe as pre-surgery but I am wondering if things could get worse. I struggled thru the surgery and was diagnosed with full blown fibromyalgia after this surgery. So much pain. It took me a few years to get back to normal and I am still a work in progress. My left foot burns nearly all day but I carry on a pretty normal life. I think the orthodics are very tricky and make me worse. I gave up on them and wear a sock with velcro straps around my foot in my gym shoes when I work out.
Should I repeat the nerve test in my left foot to see if things are worse? I am just so scared to have the surgery because what if I go downhill again.
I take 400 mg of neurontin, had multiple PT. Have a fabulous surgeon who has done all he can do for me. I just wonder if in 5 years does this surgery hold? Since it is new have there been any studies?
I no longer feel like I am the only person in the whole world with this problem. I hope this is clear.
If you do not have the nerve released can you do permanent damage to your foot? have I asked too many questions at once. Thank you so much