Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nearly arrested in Pompeii

Posted by peter f on 3/08/03 at 14:01 (112269)

I have just had a laugh at the humour board and would like to let you know what happened to me in Italy-I had been walking around Pompeii with the family for 2 hours in my Birks and decided to stretch so I leaned against the wall of a roman street house and assumed the usual position-problem is it looks like you are trying to push the wall down ! An Italina tour guide ran up cursing saying that the wall had been there for 2000yrs and what was I trying to prove!? I told him I had plantio fasciitiso and I think he thought I was suggesting he was like Mussolini and got more irate-took a lot of explaining and I got to the point of hoping Vesuvius would erupt again so we could change the subject!

Re: nearly arrested in Pompeii

Steve P on 3/08/03 at 20:30 (112300)

Peter -- Did you enjoy Pompeii? Did you by any chance also visit Herculaneum (sp?) ?

Re: nearly arrested in Pompeii

peter f on 3/09/03 at 05:23 (112320)

Yes -I loved Pompeii and Herculaneum-just fantastic-a lot of people say that Herculaneum is 'better' but how can you compare one perfectly preserved Roman town with another ? The plaster casts of the children and parents in the garden of the fugitives is so poignant.I also love the fact that you can see the boat mooring stages and stone loops to hold the ships on the way in (and it is now several miles inland!) Have you been ?