Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS exercises

Posted by Pam on 3/09/03 at 15:26 (112348)

Does anyone know of any exercises that can be done to treat TTS?

Re: TTS exercises

Perry K. on 3/09/03 at 16:33 (112354)

yes, make sure you rest. As far as I know, excercise aggrevates the nerve.
Try elevation and ice as well. It is really hard to excercise any nerve in the body, especially one that is trapped between tendons, arteries, and veins. Again, I know of no excercise that helps- all I can offer to you is probably advise you already figured out on your own, that is, rest.

Perry K. on 3/09/03 at 17:24 (112361)

Also, should you elect to have surgery make sure you elevate the leg and ice it the first three days! This is crucial to keeping scar tissue to a minimum! My doctor told me to do ice for an hour and to let go for an hour. I did that religiously! please make sure you have ice and you keep your foot elevated on the way home after the surgery as well!

Pam S. on 3/09/03 at 23:00 (112398)

I have found stretches that one one ordinarily do for PF help with my TTS symtroms, expecially after a long bath and the muscles are relaxed. Do you know any yoga stretches? They seem to help me also or maybe it is all in my head by it seems to release something. I also find that tennis ball massage at the base of my heel helps my pain and I do not have heel pain.
I think stretching is a great habit to get into for your feet, legs etc. Even the breathing and relaxation part of it all can make you feel better.