Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

marty -question on NB shoes

Posted by lauriel on 3/10/03 at 10:38 (112424)

Marty, are talking about New balance, I think NB is something differnt since I saw a post that someone paid $150.00 Are these some kind of special orthodic shoes.

Re: marty -question on NB shoes

carynz on 3/10/03 at 18:27 (112486)

hi Laurie,

NB and New Balance - same thing. Yes they can cost upwards of $150 and more. Both my husband and I have a pair, different styles and I paid $119CAD and he paid $149CAD. They all have removable insoles which you can take out and put in your own orthotic insoles for comfort. It is best to go to a store where the staff have been properly trained in this shoe and what styles can offer the best for your foot and pain you have.

p.s. Hi Marty if you read this. :} I sent you an email under your last post in TTS section.

cheers Carynz

lauriel on 3/11/03 at 10:53 (112534)

Thanks for the input, that must mean the kind you are talking about are only carried in special shoe stores, not the regular footware chains. I will check out the stores here.

carynz on 3/11/03 at 13:32 (112560)

hi laurie,

don't know where you live but we got our in Sportcheck which is a sporting dept. store. I know running stores carry them but not sure about regular shoe stores that carry all types of shoes. Don't go to Payless shoes because they don't carry them at all. Check out their website for more info on retail stores that sell them. good luck.

lauriel on 3/12/03 at 10:28 (112643)

I got on new balance web site - and it was great, they had shoes for over pronation (me) and underpronation that they recommended. Since I live in a small town I am going to have to make the trip to the big city to get a pair. My brother recommended I pick some pair that I liked and call first to see what¼ ly they have. He is underpronated and swears bythe NB

Marty on 3/13/03 at 08:45 (112730)

Yep same shoes, I order mine online and I've never paid over $90.00

lorif on 3/13/03 at 17:49 (112822)

I am 4 weeks post-op for plantar fasciitis and TTS. I'm still very sore but I'm able to walk comfortably in my New Balance sneakers. I still can't put my orthotics in them yet(too uncomfortable still) but I am able to take out the insoles and put them in when I'm ready. Everyone around this area(northeastern Massachusetts)thinks New Balance sneakers are the best. They are sold at local sporting goods stores and at a New Balance outlet store near us.
Good luck!

carynz on 3/13/03 at 19:21 (112839)

90USD I guess we are in line then at $149CAD egads the damned exchange anyways.....

Marty on 3/13/03 at 22:15 (112906)

I think so. Get the 900 series