Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spurs

Posted by dennisw on 3/10/03 at 11:18 (112428)

I was diagosed w/ heel spurs over a year ago. I have had 10 cortisone shots in each foot over a period of time. Celebrex is on the menu each day. I recently bought orthotic inserts for my feet. I feel a warm sensation in my left foot over the past week. The pain has brought me to my knees, especially in the morning getting out of bed. With all that being said, do you feel its time for a surgery?

Re: heel spurs

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/10/03 at 13:35 (112442)

You've had 10 injections? I certainly hope those injections were spread out over several years. If you've had injections, anti-inflammatory medication and orthotics, there are still other options including stretching, night splints, ice, ESWT, etc. Have you had any tests such as blood tests or an MRI? If consevative therapy fails, ESWT is a much better choice than surgery. IF you'd like information regarding ESWT email me at (email removed) and literature will be sent to you.