Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recovery x 2

Posted by trish e on 3/10/03 at 15:10 (112453)

hi everyone it's been a while since i've posted,i had my first tts and fashia release last feb and it didn't go well at all, so after 10 months and another doc i had a re-do and there was the main nerve trapped, so he did every thing differant than the first doc,put me in a cast, and now iam almost 2 months post op, well now that iam out of cast and full wt bearing the burning ,tingling, and pain is getting worse every day, so i went back and the doc said back in air cast and take it easy it's only been a couple of months, started me back on the neurontin 300mg x 3x a day. i just want all who are going to have this done please think of all other options and choices, everyone heals differantly i know. well i will keep you up-dated on my progress i hope you are all doing good. thanks so much for listening my days are so long and boring thank god i have this computer or i would have lost it a long time ago, take care

Re: recovery x 2

BrianJ on 3/10/03 at 17:44 (112475)

Trish --

The body's capacity to heal is amazing. Please think positively that you will make progress -- even if it takes a while. I've had my foot pain for 5 years, and I'm still tinkering with it to see what will work for me. I'm confident that we will both see improvement this year.

Re: recovery x 2

Sharon W on 3/10/03 at 17:57 (112478)

It sounds like your current doctor is limiting your weight bearing, and following your recovery quite closely -- which is good. Seems to me I remember that your other surgeon wasn't really WASN'T that responsive...)

I'm with Brian J, it hasn't even been 2 months and yet I know how easy it is to get discouraged. I was still in quite a bit of pain at two months, and mine was successful, so don't give in to dispair -- you can still heal, it just takes time.

Are you going to physical therapy?