Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Search for My Famous Sister-in-Law

Posted by R C on 3/11/03 at 12:33 (112553)

This thread started in the Social/Support message board, and has crept around...

In reply to BrianG, the answer is no, my sister-in-law is not one of the persons in your list.

In case you are planning to spend any more time on this, please be advised that she does not use a Western stage name -- you'd be looking for a Chinese name only.

Re: Search for My Famous Sister-in-Law

BrianG on 3/11/03 at 22:33 (112621)

OK, I'm really going all out here. I am posting 2 different pages with singers that may be your sister-in-law.

BrianG
Page #1

Maya On-Line -Provides Taiwanese female singer Maya profile, sound files, photos and reports.
Michelle Chen: In Love with The Piano -Personal Homepage
Michelle Pan's Tanderly -Introduce singer Michelle in Taiwan, provides profile, photo and works.
Na Na's Home -The homepage introduces Na Tang, a female singer from Taiwan.
Nana Tang's Homepage -Introduce Taiwai star Nana Tang.
Pace's Lover House -Provides Taiwanese artist Pace Wu profile, photos and reports.
ReaLau Fans Club -Introduce ReaLau, a Taiwan singer.
Romi Wang
Ru Ru -Personal Homepage
Ruru's Station
Tsai, Cin-chueng
Vivi Ho's First Comic CD -The homepage introduces Taiwan singer Vivi Ho's songs.
Yang, S. H.: My Star
Yuki Hsu -A Taiwan female singer Yuki Hsu homepage.
Yvonne Peng Website -Provides Taiwanese female singer Yvonne Peng albums, photos and event information.
Zhuo, Yiting: Timi Online -China singer Yiting Zhuo informations.

Re: Page #2

BrianG on 3/11/03 at 22:38 (112622)

OK, this is my last shot, it's been interesting :*)

BrianG
Page #2

tintin(3) ciacia(2) Yee-ling Huang(4) Wu Pei-tsi(1) Winnie Hsin(2) Vivian Hsu(11) Vivian Hou(3) Valen Hsu(21) Tracy Su(13) Tracy Huang(3) Teng-Teresa(2) Sun-su-may(8) Sin-mei Lan(2) Shino Lin(19) Sandee Chen(2) RuRu(0) Roan,Dan-chin(2) Ring(5) Rene-Liu(3) Meng, Ting-Wei(6) Meichi(1) Mavis Fan(12) Makiyo(0) Lin, Nisa(3) Lin(0) Landy(3) Kei Kan(0) Karena Lam(0) Julia(1) Jolin(26) Huey Chou(4) Hsu, Yuki Hwai-yu(40) Frans Kao(1) Faith Yang(2) Elva (11) Christine Fan(0) Chin-ying Tao(1) Chin Ting(7) Chi-jen Chen(8) Chang Ching-Fang(1) Bowie Tseng(2) Annie Shizuka(3) Alice Chen(7) A-Mei Sherry Chang(25) A Ya (3)

Re: Page # 1.5

BrianG on 3/11/03 at 22:41 (112623)

Maya On-Line -Provides Taiwanese female singer Maya profile, sound files, photos and reports.
Michelle Chen: In Love with The Piano -Personal Homepage
Michelle Pan's Tanderly -Introduce singer Michelle in Taiwan, provides profile, photo and works.
Na Na's Home -The homepage introduces Na Tang, a female singer from Taiwan.
Nana Tang's Homepage -Introduce Taiwai star Nana Tang.
Pace's Lover House -Provides Taiwanese artist Pace Wu profile, photos and reports.
ReaLau Fans Club -Introduce ReaLau, a Taiwan singer.
Romi Wang
Ru Ru -Personal Homepage
Ruru's Station
Tsai, Cin-chueng
Vivi Ho's First Comic CD -The homepage introduces Taiwan singer Vivi Ho's songs.
Yang, S. H.: My Star
Yuki Hsu -A Taiwan female singer Yuki Hsu homepage.
Yvonne Peng Website -Provides Taiwanese female singer Yvonne Peng albums, photos and event information.
Zhuo, Yiting: Timi Online -China singer Yiting Zhuo

R C on 3/12/03 at 08:03 (112634)

Her surname is usually rendered as 'Wang' in translation. However, she is not any of the listed names, and in fact I can't find her anywhere on the internet. Her last album was cut in 1996. She goes to Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. once a year or so to appear in TV interviews, variety shows, and charitable events. Usually she is in the U.S. enjoying her retirement in relative obscurity.

BrianG on 3/12/03 at 15:54 (112673)

Hey RC,

Well, I gave it a shot!! I am constantly amazed what you can find on the Net. How did anyone find anything 20 years ago, go to the library? Hahahaaaa. I worked for one of the 1st big computer companies, DEC, and way before Al Gore invented the internet, we had something called the 'Notes File'. It was similar to some of the message boards of today. In fact, my first bass club was sponsored by DEC. They bought the scale, and everyone joined the club through the computer. It was pretty wild meeting some of the computer 'geeks' for the first time. We even had a guy who fished with his pocket protector! :*)
It's been a wild ride!!!!!!!

Gone fishin'
BrianG

Re: Brian

Kathy G on 3/13/03 at 08:48 (112732)

Brian,

So were you with DEC in the golden days? What a terrific company it was to work for! I knew many teachers who left their profession to join DEC and they had a wonderful run. One wonders what would have happened if the company had been able to see the future in PC's. My son had many friends who had parents who worked for them and he was their guest at several Red Sox and Celtics games. He got to be at 'Yaz' day at Fenway and at 29, this is still one of his fondest memories. They were a great company for a few years!

A fisherman with a pocket protector? Why doesn't that surprise me?

marie on 3/13/03 at 14:54 (112784)

R C,
Could you at least tell us what type of music your sister-in-law sings. Would she be a jazz singer?

marie

R C on 3/13/03 at 19:31 (112842)

Not jazz, but light pop, or adult contemporary . After her career peaked (early 90s), she gradually went more toward pop gospel.

Re: Brian

BrianG on 3/19/03 at 22:27 (113597)

Hi KathyG,

Not sure you'll see this, as it's buried pretty good. I've been bass fishing for a few days in FL. Wonderful weather, lots of big bass!!! I had to watch my heels, but it was worth it.

I started at DEC in about 1982. There was a hiring freeze, but they were still wasting money like it was a bottomless pit. I agree about the PC bringing them down, but they certainly spent way too much money on needless things like trips for whole groups, lots of expensive give-aways, they even rented the QEII once, for a trade show in Boston. Not to mention the billions they gave to Bob Palmer for dismanteling the company. I never made big money, but I knew how to save, and I got a modest house out of the deal :*) I did work for Compaq (after the takeover) for awhile, but the end was near, too near :*(

Glad I missed the last few days on the forum, fishing was much more fun, for me anyways!!!

BrianG