Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recurring heel pain recently/ESWT user previously

Posted by rekha s on 3/11/03 at 18:57 (112589)

hello everybody on the board...after suffering with heel pain for years, it finally subsided after few treatments of ESWT.....but just recently my pain has gone from a 1 to a 4..and I am getting worried again....should I try the conservative treatments first? and then try ESWT again? or just shoot straight to ESWT? since it has proven to work for me twice in the past?

Re: recurring heel pain recently/ESWT user previously

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/11/03 at 19:02 (112592)

Rekha:

A second round of ESWT may be in order. Remember that ESWT is not a substitute for conventional PF treatments. ESWT treats the end result but not necessarily the cause of the problem. If biomechanical issues still exist, they should be addressed.
Ed

BrianG on 3/11/03 at 21:40 (112611)

Hi Rehka,

Just wondering if you are working? Could you be spending too much time on your feet, allowing the pain to creep back in? I'm quite sure that is why none of the conventional treatments worked for me. I'd get a cortisone shot, and instead of going home to rest, I'd go to work. It was a bad deal, hard concrete floors all night. If only I knew then, what I know now........

BrianG, not a doc

rekha s on 3/12/03 at 10:52 (112647)

yes, recently I have been rathar careless, even going on walks with a new friend i made who is a neighbor...I just did not think my problem would come back so quickly...if as the dr stated that I have a biomechanical problem..I really would like to know what it is....

BrianG on 3/12/03 at 17:23 (112683)

Some doctors are better than others, at finding a biomechanical problem. I'd continue to ask for referrels, until you find one that can properly diagnose you. That is, if you have a problem.

Good luck
BrianG