Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Scott G on 3/12/03 at 00:28 (112628)

I am lucky enough to have another nerve entrapment in my pelvis besides tts. On another board some members recently have tried somethinf called Actice Release Therapy which can relieve symptoms of nerve entrapments. Its very early but seems to be working for most who have tried it. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear more. They have a website that lists practitioners.

Re: A.R.T

Scott D on 3/12/03 at 07:43 (112632)

How were you diagnosed with a trapped nerve in you pelvis?
What are your symptoms with this condition?

Sharon W on 3/12/03 at 08:16 (112635)

Yes, ART (active release techniques) has been discussed on this board before. At least two people with TTS (that I know of) got relief from it. One of them had quite a severe case of TTS (it showed up strongly on the nerve conduction tests) and after ART had repeat nerve conduction tests that showed up NORMAL!

You would want to find an ART trained practicioner who has had the classes in lower body techniques.

Unfortunately, this specialized massage technique is fairly rare, and its practicioners are not available everywhere.

Scott G on 3/12/03 at 11:26 (112650)

I was diagnosed mainly by my symptoms and a nerve block to the pudendal nerve. It affects yhe perinium, rectum and genital area, so pain and dysfunction can occur in these areas. Symptoms vary a lot but the most common is pain when sitting.

Scott on 3/12/03 at 14:22 (112671)

Thanks very much, that sounds promising!