Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MRI Results

Posted by Ted S on 3/12/03 at 21:22 (112705)

I left a message before I went for my MRI. I've been X-Rayed and had an MRI but both were negative. My injury was from a fall during Tae Kwon Do pratice. I hit the inside of my heel on a hardwood floor when I fell. The doctor has narrowed the injury to nerve damage and I am going to PT on 3/12. From what I have researched, there is not much that can be done for this kind of injury. Is there anything I can do to help heal this? I have been putting more weight on the injury and it seems to be helping, although I am now getting more of a burning sensation that radiates into the center of the bottom of my foot. There is a hard spot in the area of the injury and it feels like I'm standing on a lump in the floor.
Ted S.

Re: MRI Results

Dr. Z on 3/13/03 at 17:36 (112817)

Hi

this depends on which nerves is injuried. Did they tell you that you TTS or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. Which nerve did you hurt?

Re: MRI Results

Ted S on 3/14/03 at 21:51 (113035)

The nerve is on the inside of my left heel coming from the leg. The main foot nerve curves around the side of the heel then branches out to the bottom of the foot. The injury is where the nerve wraps around the heel.
Thanks