Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 months post surgery - and some advice

Posted by lauriel on 3/13/03 at 12:36 (112760)

It has been 3 months since my TTS sugery, I have had ups and downs, seemingly little things like too much massage would swell and bruise the area, it would last for maybe a week, then go down, it was trial and error. I think for the most part I was doing really well until last week. I was able to spend a few hours on my feet oing housework etc, no problem, I would sit and ice and go back to cleaning, but still wanst able to do any length of walking, but was feeling pretty good. Like i said unti last week,

now some advice, If you read my earlier post my shoe problem ( I only wore them a few days and at first thought they had good support) and how it aggrivated not only the surgery foot but the good one as well. On my visit this morning to my new PT, he thinks it caused some tendonitis in both feet (along my ankle and a mild case of PF and wants me off of my feet literally as much as possible indefinetly.

So I cant stress enough on post surgery, get advice on what you should be wearing, have the Dr or PT look at the shoe see if that is okay, And thank you to everyone who has given me good shoe advice. I wish I had heeded it earlier. My problem is not being able to get out and go shopping, online is impossible for me. I wish I had bought the proper shoes before my surgery, I wanted to wait until after.

Laurie

Re: 3 months post surgery - and some advice

Terry Z on 3/14/03 at 10:24 (112942)

Laurie,
I wonder if that's part of my problem. I posted in the tts site but I found this interesting. What shoes do you wear?
Terry

lauriel on 3/14/03 at 16:43 (112998)

Terry, it very well could be, I wore Teva sandals that aggrivated my feet, they had nice arch support, suppose to be good for your feet I spent $60.00 on them. At first they felt real comfortable, but then killed my arches! Since my surgery I have been wearing my saucony running shoes, but they are falling apart, so I started wearing my Teva sandals, thinking they would be okay. Wrong!

After doing some research, Its hands down everyone recommends new balance tennis shoes. They actually makewsome for various feet problems. I got on their web-site - they have a nice selection. Most stores carry NB but I want the special ones for over-pronation which is what I have, so I will probably have to order them. They also have removable inserts, if you need room for orthodics. People also have recommended birkenstocks. SO I am back to my sauconies until I can get the NB I want
Hope this helps
Laurie

Terry Z on 3/14/03 at 23:42 (113049)

Laurie,
I have to do something this is driving me crazy. I think my PT told me I also over-pronate I'll check out the NB web-site.
Terry