Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

help with soreness

Posted by Terry Z on 3/13/03 at 17:33 (112816)

The ball of my foot is killing me. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? My PT is taping my foot but I can hardly walk if the ball of my foot hits the floor. My range of motion is getting a little better not great but the back of my foot is so tight and it hurts big time if I try to bend forward. We think the RSD has resolved because it's not changing colors any longer so I am making some progress.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Terry

Re: RE: soreness

Cheri A. on 3/14/03 at 18:25 (113010)

Have you asked your doctor about the possibility of neuromas? I have 2 in my right foot, and the pain is in the ball of my foot. They are caused by pressure on the nerves due to not being able to use the foot normally. My foot doesn't flex normally, so in addition to the TTS pain I have to deal with the neuromas as well.

Terry Z on 3/14/03 at 23:34 (113048)

Cheri,
I better do some research I've never heard of neuromas. I certainly haven't used this foot normally in nearly 1 1/2 years so I suppose this could be the problem. Have you found anything that helps. All I know is I walk like a duck with my right foot because it doesn't hurt as much...bad habit and I do it without knowing most of the time.
Terry

Sharon W on 3/15/03 at 02:09 (113057)

Terry,

I've read that the formation (or perhaps the worsening) of a neuroma can occasionally be triggered by having surgery that involves a nerve.

Sharon

Terry Z on 3/15/03 at 09:05 (113069)

Sharon and Cheri,
Do you think it could be a neuroma if I'm not having trouble by my toes it's just the ball of my foot? I just went to see the surgeon last week so next appointment is next month, darn, isn't that the way it usually works. I have to do some more research.
Terry

Sharon W on 3/15/03 at 11:44 (113079)

Terry,

Obviously, I am not the expert, and you need an expert opinion. I do know (from personal experience) that nerve pain, while it may be originating from one spot, is usually felt in a larger area -- sometimes a MUCH larger area.

Sharon

Terry Z on 3/15/03 at 12:57 (113083)

Thanks Sharon I appreciate your input.
Terry