Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RSD sufferers read on...

Posted by carynz on 3/13/03 at 18:58 (112834)

hi everyone, (wendyn I know you suffer with RSD)

I have just posted an article under treatments/support/products about a product called Dynamint which is a muscle rub first developed for dairy cows suffering with swollen udders and now being marketed for human use. The Canadian RSD Network is now endorsing this product and I have found it very helpful for some relief with the TTS issues and also with my current problem of recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Let me know if any of you have already tried this product and if you have anything to share about it.

Thanks,

cheers
carynz

Re: RSD sufferers read on...

marie on 3/15/03 at 00:57 (113051)

HI THERE I HAVE RSD AND TTS INTERESTING I HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING THAT WORKS BUT I DO SEE A SURGEON NEXT WEEK I HAVE USED DMSO YEARS AGO I AM NOT SURE IF THAT HELPED OR MADE IT WORSE? GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS!!!

Re: Marie - RSD and surgery

Sharon W on 3/15/03 at 02:03 (113056)

Marie,

Dr. Z has posted that he doesn't think it's a good idea to have surgery if you have a confirmed diagnosis of RSD. Presumably that is because surgery can make RSD worse.

Of course, different doctors have different opinions, and your surgeon may believe it will not affect the RSD at all...

Sharon

marie on 3/15/03 at 22:31 (113105)

Sharon,

Check the time on that post. A little past my bedtime. I didn't make it. I don't have a surgeon. I saw one but remember he told me I wasn't eligble to have surgery. Aside from that...what is RSD? Have you ever seen me type anything in all caps.

This is an open forum so anyone can type whatever name they want and post.

marie

Sharon W on 3/16/03 at 01:21 (113110)

You have a point, I cetainly can't imagine you writing in all caps...! Sorry for the mistaken identity; Marie is a very common name, and we must have two Maries.

The comments about RSD and surgery are still valid, however. Probably not a good combination.

Sharon

Re: RSD sufferers read on...

wendyn on 3/16/03 at 21:03 (113172)

Thanks Caryn - what's in it?