Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Phil W. on 3/14/03 at 00:31 (112912)

I sure hope this sight is still for helping plantar fasciitis and other foot problems.

Does anyone know if ESWT should be considered if pf is somewhat resolved but not completely? Say, if I can be on my foot for an hour without pain but then it comes back, not like before, but all over the bottom of the foot?

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/14/03 at 10:28 (112944)

Absolutely. I see two categories of patients coming for ESWT:
1)individuals with intractable PF that would otherwise need surgery
2)individuals who have made a lot of progress with PF but have reached a plateau in their progress that we are not able to break.

rekha s on 3/14/03 at 13:06 (112973)

i also am in pain, but not the excruciating pain as few years ago...eswt has helped me soooo much...but periodically the pain seems to come back with increase in activity as it has now for me after about 1 1/2 year without pain and I too am thinking again of ESWT.

DRZ on 3/14/03 at 18:00 (113007)

If you still have pain at the insertion and there are ultrasound changes showing damaged areas of the plantar fascia is damaged then yes it can be used

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/14/03 at 19:49 (113023)

Definitely a reasonable option.

Donna on 3/30/03 at 18:26 (114937)

Can I ask where you had the ESWT treatments performed? I live in New England. I have tried all the conventional treatments and am presently in an 'immobilzer' walking cast. I think surgery is the next suggestion from my podiatrist but I am really interested in the ESWT treatments.

Dr. Z on 3/30/03 at 18:33 (114939)

Are you asking where Rekha had her ossatron treatment it was in SF. Calfornia. If you are looking for ESWT on the East Coast, our group has been using ESWT for over three years. We have done over seven hundred procedures. ESWT is a very effective procedure for chronic pf and avoiding foot surgery with its known pitfalls. If you would like additional information about our group just e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)
and we will send out to you our ESWT packet. By the way we are in the Philalphia, Pa, areas

john h on 3/31/03 at 09:45 (114975)

Dr. Zuckerman in in New Jersey and an experienced Doctor if you are considering ESWT. I certainly recommed him.