Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

With respect to political discussions

Posted by wendyn on 3/14/03 at 09:21 (112929)

This really isn't going to go away.

If you don't like the political threads - don't read them. (I don't).

Some of my male counter parts here have gotten into a daily habit of standing about pontificating and justifying their personal 'we're going to kick some ass' views (to me it's the cyber equivalent of a bunch of men standing around flexing their muscles and clutching their privates).

Dr Ed has the right to do his thing, Marie hers - and now that I've done mine...I'm going to go back to work.

Re: With respect to political discussions

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/14/03 at 11:17 (112951)

Wendyn:

Men often have a different argument/discussion style than women that can be percieved as aggressive. It is not meant to intimidate but at times, 'men are from Mars, women from Venus.'
Ed

wendyn on 3/14/03 at 11:27 (112955)

I know Dr Ed - I live in a house full of men, and most of my friends are men.

Doesn't bother me a bit (was just giving you my perception) - but I know that not everyone sees it that way.

Re: I dont care about this

BGCPed on 3/14/03 at 13:09 (112974)

I want to know what Britney Spears and the Dixie Chicks think about the war and what we should do. I saw the Dixie Chicks were ripping on Bush at one of their concerts.
I wonder when they are doing a benefit concert in Bagdad. I am sure the mini skirts and cleavage outfits will go over well with the guys they support over there.

I think the media would do us all a great service and give the Dixie Chicks and others a 1 hour special. Let them lay out their foriegn policy. Let us and the elected officials know what needs to be done.

Re: Hi Brian

marie on 3/14/03 at 14:15 (112978)

I wish I could keep yaking with you guys but I have to go practice dribbling a basketball while on my scooter. Somehow I've been drafted to the team. Teachers against students. I hope I don't run anyone over.
Life goes on.

marie

PS Wendy, I see your point. Thanks.

wendyn on 3/14/03 at 14:39 (112985)

BG - how bout I set you up with Brittney or one of the Dixie chicks? We'll see if the cleavage and mini-skirts go over with you.

Pauline on 3/14/03 at 14:47 (112986)

I have to agree with you on this one BGCPed. Let's let the Chickies make their living in Iraq wearing burkas.

Re: Hi Brian

BGCPed on 3/14/03 at 14:49 (112987)

no problem, i have tried to do that in a wheelchair before and it is harder than it looks

BGCPed on 3/14/03 at 14:51 (112988)

Well thanks but arnt your connections in Canada? Ill trade 2 Dixie and 1 Britney for 1 Shania Twain

Re: No way I'll kill somebody

marie on 3/14/03 at 16:38 (112996)

Brian, you were right it is hard. No way can I dribble a ball and watch were I'm going on a scooter. I almost ran over our basketball coach.I have much greater respect for those that can now. I think I am going to be on the cheerlead squad instead I'm sure our coach will feel much safer.

By the way Brian when are you enlisting? I assume that your patriotism will lead you in that direction. If they won't take you I am sure the Red Cross would welcome you...they will need alot of help. Maybe that way you can see the Dixie Chicks in Bagdad.

Gotta go....headed to the coffee house to be with freinds.

wendyn on 3/14/03 at 16:49 (112999)

I think the Dixie Chicks are Canadian too.

Bunch of hotties here.

BGCPed on 3/14/03 at 17:12 (113000)

Nope they are from texas, hence the reason they said they were ashamed to be from Texas

wendyn on 3/14/03 at 17:24 (113002)

You're right (I hate it when that happens)

I have them mixed up with another group - but I'm not sure which one!.

Leon S. on 3/14/03 at 18:07 (113008)

You left out spitting.

marie on 3/14/03 at 18:30 (113011)

EEEEWWWWW, Leon. I'm not spitting on anyone....yuk.

wendyn on 3/15/03 at 14:23 (113086)

A major ommission on my part. My apologies!!!

Leon S. on 3/15/03 at 15:15 (113089)

To Marie, my spitting comment was in reference to Wendyn's earlier post.

marie on 3/15/03 at 16:03 (113093)

Oh ok, so you don't do it all the time. Gotcha.

LOL marie