Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Pain

Posted by Kenneth P. Kelly on 3/14/03 at 20:43 (113026)

I would like to know what I can do about an over abundance of calluses on both my right and left foot. I have suffered greatly most of my life with this problem. I am now 47 years old and it has got to the point to where I can hardly wear a pair of shoes that I am not in a great deal of pain. Both of my feet and ankles continue to swell to where I can not walk. Normally what I do, is take a razor blade and trim them my self, which I understand is not a smart thing to be doing. My normal shoe size is an 11D, I am now wearing a size 13 just so I am able to put on a pair of shoes. This problem has came to the point that I can not even hold a job due to the fact that my feet are in so much pain. Is there any where that I can go to try and have this problem Corrected? Like I said, as of right now I am unemployed and have no insurance.

Respectfully Yours,
Kenneth P. Kelly

Re: Foot Pain

DRZ on 3/14/03 at 22:01 (113040)

This is a very tough question. I am sure that by going to a podiatrist you will save money in the long run. An average visit to trim your callouses isn't going to cost you an arm and leg but will give you relief in your feet. The fact that you feet are increasing in size could be a very serious problem such as diabetes