Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SURGERY POSSIBLE?????

Posted by marie on 3/15/03 at 01:10 (113052)

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH RSD, NEURITIS, NEUROMAS, TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, CAPSULITIS AND HAVE HAD PHYSICAL THERAPY , NERVE BLOCKS, EPIDURAL IN LOWER BACK. THE ONLY THING THEY GIVING ME FOR THE PAIN IS LIDOCAINE PATCHES AND KETOPROFEN CREAM BESIDES SEEING A FIFTH SURGEON NEXT WEEK TO POSSIBLE DO SURGERY WHICH I DOUGHT HE WILL EVERONE SAYS I AM NOT A CANDADITE DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GREAT ADVICE???? AFTER 6 YEARS I FINALLY WON MY SSI CASE. THEY RNT PAYING ME MUCH SINCE I DO WORK A PT JOB AND IT IS GETING VERY DIFFICULT TO EVEN WORK FOR 3 HOURS A DAY I AM ONLY THERE CAUSE I GET MEDICAL INSURANCE WORKING 15 HOURS A WEEK AND MY MEDICAID HASNT KICKED IN YET. ANYONE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS? AM CURIOUS CAUSE I AM AFRAID TO GO AHEAD WITH THE SURGERY FOR TARSEL TUNNEL SYNDROME BECAUSE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO WORK IF THE SURGERY WASNT A SUCCESS

Re: SURGERY POSSIBLE?????

DRZ on 3/15/03 at 10:40 (113075)

My opinion is that any type of surgery can make the RSD worse. This is one patient on this board that had RSD and had the TTS surgery. Lauire R
is her posting name. Ask for her or use the search engines to review her story

Re: Re:Maire

Laurie R on 3/15/03 at 18:16 (113095)

Thanks Dr. Z , yes this is me Laurie R .. I would be more the happy to answer any questions you may have Marie .... I do have RSD and also had the surgery for a TT release and a PF release . I will be having one more surgery soon for a repeat TT release and a Vein Wrap surgery .... Please let me know if I can help you in any way , Laurie R

Re: Re:Maire

marie c on 3/16/03 at 16:56 (113148)

hi laurie : ) regarding your surgery were u in a boot after? how long did it take to heal? i have been to 2 pain clinics 5 podiatrists and 2 the dr who i see now says i dont have rsd however everyone says possible rsd since 97 not one nerve test ever came up positive for tts until now regarding rsd pain and tts pain is it simular to u? bone pain tapping extremly cold can relate to the guy in the movie misery? i have only met 1 other person with rsd and only when my foot turns colors is when dr's say i have it so it is very confusing to not be sure well i will give u my email addy so i dont take up so much space here on this post feel free to email me anytime ; ) (email removed)

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/17/03 at 14:35 (113219)

Marie:

As Dr. Z noted, one must proceed cautiously with such surgery if CRPS or RSDS is present as surgery can stir that up. Is the TTS well documented and supported with nerve conduction velocity tests?
ED

marie c on 3/17/03 at 14:49 (113223)

i havent got a copy of the medical reports but the dr did say that the test showed positive for tts as to the other dr reports that have because who has pain from 97 till now they just say possible rsd/ complex regional pain syndrome i couldnt find a dr to take the 3 neuromas out of that same foot so i dought that the surgeon will opt for surgery myself will let ya know is see him for a consult on 19th ; )

MARIE C on 3/20/03 at 02:43 (113614)

after seeing ortho today he isnt comfortable doing the surgery and wants me to see 2 more ortho's to get there opinion in the meantime im goin nuts i had a shot friday lidocaine with little steroid and it made it worse yet the first shot just lidocaine numbed my whole foot and up my leg for a day ? maybe he missed the nerve? i havent been able to sleep more than 4 hours a nite since last friday what is commanly perscribed to people with tts? besides lidocaine patches and ketoprophen creame ?