Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Terror Alert Code Red and Schools

Posted by marie on 3/17/03 at 20:42 (113259)

We are very much preparing our students and staff for the real possibility of a terrorist attack in the USA. We cannot protect the kids. Schools are #3 on the list for potential terrorist attacks. If you have children in school you may want to consider finding out what your school's plan for code red is as well as discussing with your child what to do in the event of an emergency. Today we arrived to find each outside door of our school building labeled with larger than life numbers. The plan is still in the works although we are now literally on the edge of war. Currently the policy will be to close the school temporarily should we go to code red. The kids and the community at large do not know this yet but it will be announced very soon. Again we as teachers cannot protect the kids from anyone who wishes to do harm and is on a mission.

Again the news suggests that each American prepare a ready room. As discussed earlier at ready.gov you will find suggestions. I don't want to creep anyone out but I don't think they blew up a dirty bomb in NM Saturday for fun. It's best to be prepared and if nothing happens in your community at least you'll have everything packed for a camping trip.

Re: Terror Alert Code Red and Schools -- civil defense

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/17/03 at 23:24 (113272)

Marie:

Remember the yellow and red fallout shelter signs during the 60's? Our country has virtually given up on the concept of civil defense and I don't know why. Russia supposedly has a good civil defense system as does Switzerland. This is an area we definitely need to revisit.
Ed

Re: What Saddam's son had to say

marie on 3/18/03 at 10:41 (113307)

Ed,
Yes i do remember, our neighbor when we lived in Oklahoma had a bomb shelter in his back yard. We use to go down there to play sometimes. And of course all those duck and cover drills.

Did you hear what Sadam's son said this morning (the evil son)? I have this second hand so it amy not be accurate. 'Americas mother's will pay for their son's who fight with blood not tears?' Sounds like a direct threat to our country to me.

marie

BGCPED on 3/18/03 at 12:10 (113324)

Well both of his sons, Quasay and Uday (nice names, they sound like cartoon characters) are both evil. The terror they have spread is well documented. I think they need to get some of their thoughts out now since where they are both going soon only a physic will be able to get their thoughts to the real world.

I often wonder if they are really that delusional or if they just pump out that drivel to get citizens fired up get in line to be sacrificed

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/18/03 at 13:46 (113335)

BG, Marie:

Unfortunately, it is hard to tell how much of the threat is bravado and bluster and how much is something to worry about. Saddam has had many years to prepare and we have had very porous borders for those same years.
Ed