Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt treatment center in SF Bay area!!!

Posted by rekha s on 3/18/03 at 14:15 (113342)

Previously, I have had to go very far for eswt treatments....but this morning I just saw an excellent podiatrist...who is the sweetest...and very informed! here in Pleasanton, California-just 20 minutes from where I live! He has done a handful of ESWT treatments...he is not on the eswt treatment database. However, with his permission, I am adding his name and address to the board!

Re: eswt treatment center in SF Bay area!!!

DRZ on 3/18/03 at 16:41 (113356)

So are you all setup for treatment? Tell us more about the type of machine
cost etc.

rekha s on 3/18/03 at 21:52 (113417)

Dr Z, this time it is under am Ossatron machine...in about two weeks...its a mobile machine that is owned by healthtronics...and taken to various podiatrists throughout northern california...it will be under anesthesia localized...it will take about 40 minutes and only one treatment is required...price is about $3000 including dr's fee's....which I am paying out of pocket...but I am willing to do this for any amount of relief I can get....

I am concerned on what makes my pain return .....I believe it is due to the walking program I started with a neighbor......I do recall walking through the discomfort...I will try to be careful in future..it is really easy to be careless when the pain is not there anymore...

Thanks for all of your help in the past Dr Z...

Pauline on 3/19/03 at 12:53 (113467)

Where did you have your first treatments done? Did you have more than one?
Which machine was used at that time?

rekha s on 3/21/03 at 23:49 (113863)

hey Pauline...I had first treatment in May 2000 then in May 2001....and now in April 2003....my pain gets reduced dramatically with eswt...but then it just seems to creep back...first recurrance was bad shoes, and this last occurance is probably due to walking

Pauline on 3/22/03 at 12:10 (113907)

ESWT is a great tool, just wish we knew why the P.F. pain wants to creep back after successful treatments. You indicate bad shoes and walking. Bad shoes are one possibility, but hay our feet were made for walking.

When you become somewhat pain free or totally pain free of P.F. you still never seem to rest easy, because as you say it has a way to creep slowly back into ones life.

I've been pain free for several months now, but always on guard. I keep stretching, massaging, using my Jade and on occassion I'll even tape my feet if I'm going to be on them for a long period of time. We try to be safe and protect ourselves because unlike child birth this is one
pain we remember for life.

Re: Pls tell me contact info!

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 14:29 (115023)

I just contacted place in Canada since I did not know anyone did this in my area (I live only 30 minutes away from Pleasanton, CA)

Re: never mind, found it in database. I will give him a call! eom

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 14:54 (115028)