Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Permanent nerve damage/thin feet/how to maintain

Posted by Pam S. on 3/18/03 at 23:16 (113426)

I have had TTS in one foot for several years and have tried all of the conservative treatments. I do not want to have surgery. If one does not correct or release the entrapped nerve, could permanent damage occur to your foot ie numbness or something worse than the pain you already have. Does this problem get even worse thru the years.
My feet are very bony and flat and I pronate inward ( this is not very professional sounding) in other words I sort of collaspe on the tunnel area when I walk. I really do not tolerate custom made orthodics well as they seem to irritate the nerve even more. Could this be my imagination? Am I short changing myself by not trying all sorts of orthodics? I could go to another maker but I am sick of this and spending so much money.
My orthodics are made for people with rhumatoid and are soft.Hard is a nightmare due to such sensitive feet!
I am using compression sock, tape, ice and massage to maintain.
Just do not want to get worse with age. I am 50 and thin. Wish I could gain ten lbs in my feet. My heels are a AAA!!!!! Thanks for you advice

Re: Permanent nerve damage/thin feet/how to maintain

MARIE C on 3/20/03 at 02:35 (113612)

NOT YOUR IMAGINATION I ALSO HAVE TTS AND AFTER CONSERVATIVE TREATMENTS A ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON TOLD ME TODAY THAT FOR ME NOT A HIGH SUCCESS RATE IF I DID HAVE THE SURGERY THE ONLY THING THAT DID HELP ME FOR A COUPLE DAYS IS CALLED A PACUSHER? NOT SURE IM SAYIN IT RIGHT MY CHIROPRACTOR USED IT ON ME AND IT IS BASICALLY A FASHIA RELEASER OTHER THAN THAT I AM IN SEARCH OF A DR TO DO A FOOT TRANSPLANT ON ME AND MY TWIN ; )GOOD LUCK TO YOU