This is a good onePosted by BGCPED on 3/19/03 at 12:14 (113463)
This one should be forwarded to everyone on your list (from my Uncle Paul)
'TRYING TO HELP'
By Dennis Miller
All the rhetoric on whether or not we should go to war against Iraq has got my little brain spinning like a top. I enjoy reading opinions from both sides, but I've detected a hint of confusion from some of you. Maybe this can help.
As I was reading the paper recently, I was reminded of the best advice anyone ever gave me. He told me about the 'KISS' method ('Keep It Simple, Stupid!'). So with this as a theme, I'd like to apply this theory for those who don't quite get it. My hope is that we can simplify things and recognize a few important facts.
Here are ten things to consider when voicing an opinion on this important issue:
(1) Between President Bush and Saddam Hussein ... Hussein is the bad guy.
(2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right things, keep this in mind: the UN has Libya heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math here.
(3) If you use a Google or Yahoo search and type in 'French Military Victories,' don't be surprised if your computer panics at its inability to respond to your inquiry.
(4) If your only antiwar slogan is 'No War For Oil,' hire a pit bull lawyer and sue your school district for having allowed you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the minimum education that any non-troglodyte deserves
(5) You can take this one to the bank: Saddam and bin Laden will NOT seek UN
approval before they try to kill us.
(6) Despite common belief among some, Martin Sheen is NOT the President. He
only plays one on TV.
(7) If you are antiwar and even an outright 'America Basher,' to bin Laden you are still an 'infidel' whom he wants dead.
(8) Be careful: if you believe in a 'vast right-wing conspiracy,' but not in the danger that Hussein poses, the only job you may be able to get is as an Ivy League college professor.
(9) Even multiculturalists who try to browbeat us into believing that all cultures are equally deserving of respect have trouble explaining the past 500 years of Islam.
(10) Whether you are for or against military action, our young men and women
overseas are fighting to defend our right to speak out on these issues. They
deserve our unreserved support.
I hope this helps some of you.
Re: This is a good oneEd Davis, DPM on 3/19/03 at 14:59 (113508)