Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The bombing has begun

Posted by marie on 3/19/03 at 14:15 (113493)

We just heard from the officials that it has begun. I would like to take one minute and hope that we can all join in for a prayer for our troops and all of the inncocents. Can we please do this together.

Our Father who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name thy kngdom come thy will be done I can't go on would someone please help me finish

Thanks marie

Re: The bombing has begun

Sharon W on 3/19/03 at 14:17 (113494)

...On Earth as it is in Heaven...

Sharon

Re: The bombing has begun

Sharon W on 3/19/03 at 18:06 (113539)

As you probably know, the US military says those sorties were in response to anti-aircraft fire by the Iraqis, and did not signal the beginning of the war.

Sharon

Re: 24 hour truce to support our guys

marie on 3/19/03 at 18:53 (113553)

Yes Sharon,

I know. It's just a matter of time. I suppose. We got called into a meeting and it was anounced to us while we were reviewing our code red plan. They are telling us more than what you have on the news. I would still like to continue this prayer for our troops. I'd like to call a 24 hour truce and think of them and their families. NO POLITICS ON THE BOARD FOR 24 HOURS. JUST PRAYERS AND SUPPORT. I am hoping that the folks who visit this board can set aside all of their differences manage a prayer tonight for the troops. Would you help start the prayer? Thanks.

marie

Sharon W on 3/19/03 at 19:04 (113555)

I am really not good with organized prayer, but I hope all of us will take a few minutes out of our lives to pray in whatever way our religion believes, or (for those who are not religious) to take a moment in quiet meditation just to send our troops a good thought, a wish, a hope that their missiles will all strike true targets and not harm civillians, and that none of our planes will be shot down.

Since you seem to be really up on what's happening I assume you heard about Iraq's declaration that captured US or UK troops will be treated as 'mercenaries', not as 'soldiers' (and therefore not subject to the protections of the Geneve convention...)

The troops will need ALL of our prayers and good thoughts in the coming days and weeks of conflict.

Sharon

marie on 3/19/03 at 19:14 (113557)

Thanks Sharon,
I am not that great at organized prayer either....as you can tell too emotional. What you said was enough to get things rolling. We all pray in different ways. Positive thoughts would be welcomed. I have heard and that makes me even more nervous for our guys. I can finish the Lords prayer now.

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name,thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;as we forgive those who trespass against us;and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever and ever.

Amen

Pam B on 3/19/03 at 19:53 (113561)

Amen

Pam B on 3/19/03 at 19:55 (113565)

Sorry, the website is acting screwy :(

BGCPed on 3/19/03 at 21:23 (113584)

well pray for our men and women.
let saddam and his vile bastard offspring die in a painful death...allah willing

Re: Praying for our troops

Necee on 3/20/03 at 01:58 (113610)

I hope we can all put our differences aside and just think about our troops and their families. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.
I pray that each and every one of them will return home safely to their families, and that the evils of Iraq will soon be no more!

God bless America!

Necee

Re: Praying for our troops

Suzanne D on 3/20/03 at 09:21 (113624)

Amen, Necee.

Thank you for your post,
Suzanne :-)