Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

US self defense is already enough to justify war against Saddam

Posted by Max K on 3/20/03 at 11:02 (113634)

On September 11th, terrorists attacked America using improvised weapons of mass destruction (airliners). Those attacks forced us to change our standards for national self-defense: I believe we must now pro-actively hunt down and defeat any entity that meets the following 3 criteria, EVEN IF IT HAS NOT ATTACKED AMERICA:

1. hates America
2. supports terrorism
3. strives to use or develop WMDs

We must engage and defeat these entities, one by one. The Taliban is already largely defeated. We're working on Al-Quaeda. We're working on Saddam's regime. Critics call it imperialism, but I feel it's just minimum effective self-defense.

Max

Re: US self defense is already enough to justify war against Saddam

Necee on 3/20/03 at 11:29 (113638)

Well said Max!
It would be my desire to not have war PERIOD! But since our backs were put against the wall... America will come out fighting. We will stand up, and defend what is good and right.

God bless those willing to put their lives on the line for this great nation.
Necee

Mahatmelissama on 3/20/03 at 17:04 (113662)

I hate war. I am one of the few in the Bay Area who supports Bush (we had 14 intersections in SF blocked today from protesters trying to stop people from going to work...one intersection blocked on my way to work in SJ).

I am reassured looking at Blair. Here is a man who is getting unpopular by backing Bush. He is going against the tide so much in his country. The bottom line is Bush and Blair know stuff WE DON'T. We CAN'T know since we would probably freak out.

As they say...time and the devil will tell.

God bless our troops, leaders and America.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/20/03 at 19:03 (113673)

Max:

Good points. Terrorists do not act in isolation but are financed and supported by state sponsors. We know of the terrorist training facility in northern Iraq, at Salmon Pak, in which terrorists were trained to take over airliners with small weapons such as knives and box cutters. We don't yet have proof that Mohammed Atta and cohorts specifically were trained there.

I hope that if we can capture some of the top dogs in the Iraqi government, a lot more information will be obtained on the potential links between Iraq and 9-11.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/20/03 at 19:20 (113675)

Iraqi aid to terrorists' families continues
Even the continuing U.S. pressure on Iraq is not stopping Saddam Hussein from sending financial aid to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers in the territories. It appears now that the massive Iraqi support has started to arouse the concern of Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat, who fears that outside assistance reduces his influence on what happens in the territories.

After a long hiatus, Arafat has renewed sending checks to the families of dead and injured terrorists (though he has not transferred monies to the families of suicide bombers).

Israeli security sources told Haaretz that at the end of January, representatives of the Arab Liberation Front, the Palestinian organization supported by Iraq, distributed financial aid to the families of 52 people killed in the refugee camps in central Gaza.

The Iraqis, the sources said, adhered to a tariff set by Saddam Hussein at the beginning of the current intifada, with a suicide attack proving more 'profitable' to the family of the perpetrator than a 'martyr' operation in which the terrorist is killed by Israel Defense Forces fire, but does not blow himself up with an explosive belt. The suicide bomber's family receives $25,000, while the family of a martyr receives 'only' $10,000.

Because of the difficulty in sending suicide bombers into Israel, the number of families receiving the 'bonus' for these missions is relatively small.

As on previous occasions, the ceremony in January at which the funds were distributed was attended by official representatives of the Palestinian Authority. They expressed no reservations about the praise heaped on suicide bombers by the emissaries from Iraq.

Defense sources report that Arafat recently did express qualms about the Iraqi support, as well as the aid coming from other countries, such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, and Islamic charity organizations.

'Arafat is not overly-enthusiastic about the brazen outside involvement in Palestinian affairs', a defense source claimed. 'It weakens his status. Now he has to try to regain some of the public support through renewing the process of transferring money.'

Last month, Arafat started to redistribute aid to the families of injured Palestinians. Following the IDF operation in Zeitoun in Gaza about a month ago, the PA leader transferred payments to the tune of $300,000 to families whose homes and property had been destroyed, as well as to families that had suffered injuries or fatalities.

The money was distributed at official ceremonies organized by the PA and sent to families by governors on behalf of the authority in Khan Yunis, Gaza and the refugee camps in the center of the Strip. The money was also paid to families of killed Hamas activists.

There has been a decline recently in the influence and scope of the contributions to the Holy Land Fund from the prominent Islamic charity organizations that transfer donations to the territories. It appears that the decline is connected to steps taken by the U.S. administration, which recently outlawed the fund.

(from Haaretz)

Re: More on Salman Pak

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/20/03 at 20:45 (113681)

Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:59 a.m. EST
'KKK' Byrd Misleads on Iraq-9/11 Evidence

As U.S. warplanes prepared to strike America's most significant blow yet in the war on terror, Ku Klux Klansman-turned-Senate Democrat Robert Byrd attempted to mislead the public about evidence tying Saddam Hussein to the 9/11 attacks.

'There is no credible information to connect Saddam Hussein to 9/11,' Byrd railed from the Senate floor Wednesday. 'The case this administration tries to make to justify its fixation with war is tainted by charges of falsified documents and circumstantial evidence,' he added.

Byrd issued the erroneous claim despite the testimony of three Iraqi defectors who are backed by two U.N. weapons inspectors who say that rehearsals for 9/11-style airline hijackings took place at the Baghdad terrorist training camp Salman Pak.

In interviews with U.S. and British newspapers in the months after the 9/11 attacks, these eyewitnesses described:

A Boeing 707 used since 1995 to rehearse 9/11-style hijack operations. The plane is parked far from any regular airfield, according to U.N. weapons inspectors who have confirmed its existence.

A hijack training curriculum that specialized in instruction on how to overcome U.S. flight crews in groups of four or five armed only with small knives - a technique never employed before 9/11.

An elite group of hijacking recruits known as 'Saddam's Fedayheen' (Saddam's bodyguards), who trained separately from other terrorists and were dedicated Muslim radicals who interrupted their hijacking lessons only to pray to Allah five times a day.

A curriculum steeped in hatred for America that included the ultimate goal of attacking 'installations important to the United States,' according to one defector.

A student body made up of non-Iraqi recruits from throughout the Arab world, including Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Algeria, Egypt and Morocco.

Iraq's own admission that hijacking rehearsals are taking place at Salman Pak, though Baghdad officials claim they're part of 'counterterrorism training.'

Satellite photos that confirm the existence of Saddam's hijack classroom, the parked Boeing 707.
In November 2001 Sabah Khodad, a captain with Iraq's Mukhabarat Intelligence service who trained Salman Pak recruits, told London's Observer said that when reports of the World Trade Center attacks first appeared on TV, 'the first thought that came into my head was, this was done by graduates of Salman Pak.'

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:
DNC
Saddam Hussein/Iraq

Editor's note:
Find out the leadership secrets of Donald

Re: 30 years of terror -- the end in sight

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/20/03 at 21:14 (113686)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OPERATION: IRAQI FREEDOM
Baghdad welcomes 'moment of liberation'
Reporter in capital says newly emboldened people eager for war

Posted: March 20, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Newly emboldened Iraqis are revealing to the few reporters left in Baghdad that they see America's military action as their moment of liberation.

'Many, many Iraqis are telling us now not always in the whispers we only heard in the past, but now in quite candid conversations that they are waiting for America to come and bring them liberty,' said New York Times reporter John Burns in an interview from Baghdad on the PBS News Hour last night.

'Along with all of this apprehension,' said Burns, 'Americans should know that there also is a good deal of anticipation. Iraqis have suffered beyond, I think, the common understanding in the United States from the repression of the past 30 years.'

PBS's Gwen Ifill asked Burns to clarify: 'They are actually eagerly anticipating war?'

'It's very hard for anybody to understand this,' he said. 'It can only be understood in terms of the depth of repression here.'

Burns said that, of course, there are people who don't want war out of loyalty to the regime, or out of fear or out of 'suspicion of America's motives.' Because of the closed nature of Iraqi society, we cannot know how numerous either side is, he said.

'All I can tell you and every reporter who is here will attest this is that the most extraordinary experience of the last few days has been a sudden breaking of the ice here,' said Burns, 'with people from every corner of life coming forward to tell us that they understand what America is about in this.'

Burns said the people naturally are fearful of errant bombing, damage to Iraq's infrastructure and what kind of government might come after Saddam is gone.

'Can I just say,' Burns stated, after Ifill tried to interrupt, 'there is absolutely no doubt, no doubt, that there are many, many Iraqis who see what is about to happen here as their moment of liberation.'

E-mail to a Friend Printer-friendly version

NEWS:

Sniper-case shocker: Moose ordered secret stake-out

Baghdad under fire, ground war underway

Baghdad welcomes 'moment of liberation'

Officials brace for attacks on home front

Saddam's secret $150 million bunker

Pakistanis flee U.S. ahead of deadline

Why spend $800 million on U.N. dues?

Farah on '700 Club'

WND ranked in top 500 websites

Radio show on Chief Moose shocker

Ranch defenders arrested on accusation by illegals

COMMENTARY:

Say goodbye to the U.N.!
By Joseph Farah

Kissing cousins: New York literati and Nazis
By Ann Coulter

Inspector Hans Clouseau
By Larry Elder

GO TO PAGE 1 (PIPE) GO TO PAGE 2 (PIPE) GO TO COMMENTARY

SEARCH WND (PIPE) CONTACT WND

2003 WorldNetDaily.com, Inc.
Contact WND
Co-Located at Fiber Internet Center

Re: 30 years of terror -- the end in sight

BGCPed on 3/21/03 at 06:41 (113708)

Right you are Dr Ed, this is good info. I dont get it either. I watched a group called 'Pink' something they were marthing to D Rumsfields house to protest. They were putting fake blood on each other and laughing like it was a childs birthday party. They dressed in bandages and costumes to look like hospital patients. They were screaming and crying like they were hurt. They had a wagon filled with bloody dolls.

Also had the gratuitous few doing the bongo drum things. Not to be mean but when they put the cameras on them most sounded very ignorant and alomost like the were given a script of catch phrases to parrot. Given the obvious information regarding Saddam and the misery his people have suffered I found it odd that all signs were directed at Bush, his staff and the USA. Not one about Saddam.

I cant believe how false they can be and never protest or demand that the real human rights vilators. I would wager that if the war goes as it has so far, less Iraqis will die being liberated than he kills in a year.

Also saw a group of kids from UofM marching. It is rather funny, Their parents did it during the 60s as well. 90% of those kids will be driving a Lexus and lamenting the stock market in 10 years....just like their parents.