Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Springtime is near

Posted by Necee on 3/20/03 at 14:49 (113654)

For those of you still under a winter blanket, I have some encouraging news! Springtime is near! The trees are budding out, the Bluebonnets are popping up all over the place, and we mowed our yard for the first time this yr. I'm not a big fan of the Texas heat, but I sure do enjoy the Spring.
I noticed today, while I was home, the birds are frantically searching for that perfect nesting place. I was at my kitchen window, and watched this little Wren looking inside flower pots, and watering cans. I've got several bird houses, and she was closely inspecting each one. They are so much fun to watch. Are there any other bird watchers out there???

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Springtime is near

Suzanne D on 3/20/03 at 15:13 (113655)

This week I have been noticing that I hear birds as I am waking up. It sure is a welcome sound! We have a bluebird box, and I am anxious to see if it will be occupied.

The grass is really green now after a lot of rain.

Our playground equipment has been moved this week from our old school, so the children are anxiously awaiting dryer weather so that we can once again go outside and play.

Suzanne :-)

Necee on 3/20/03 at 15:21 (113656)

You mentioned Bluebirds, we have the Eastern Bluebirds here. They are so much fun to watch, and have the most beautiful brilliant blue color. We have Bluebird boxes lined up on our cedar fence, and they use them every year. Have you seen that cute little picture? I think it's called The Mad Bluebird, it's this picture of a bluebird and he is so puffed that he looks mad. I've seen it in several country style catalogs, and Country magazines. I believe it has even been made into a stained glass window hanging. Sure is cute.

Happy trails...

Necee

marie on 3/20/03 at 19:44 (113677)

We are starting to see a few things popping up from the ground. My students have a garden outside my classroom. They are excited because the irises and daffodils are staring to grow. The kids planted about 100 tulips last fall we are anxious to see them start to grow. The kids don't know what they planted .....they we're mad at me last spring when we started the garden ....they thought I was making them plant onions....the irises. Hopefully the irises bloom so they can see that they aren't onions.

We have been out to the cabin to check things out. Still some snow in the woods. The deer ate my potted bushes..little stinkers. I put 3 bird houses up and hope to attract a few birds to watch off the porch. My husband thinks I am nuts for hanging birdhouses in the woods. He saids they have a whole woods to live in. But he's a good guy and puts up with me.

marie