Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

jones fracture

Posted by scott on 3/20/03 at 16:43 (113660)

Well
anohter drs visit and x rays of my foot.. as expected it is not yet healing but drs think that it will heal on its own and in 3-5 weeks will also get teh bone stimulator on it. i got a new cast that is from just under knee to the very tips of my toes so i really cant wiggle them. im still not weight bearing. im losing leg muscle but thank god for gore tex.. i have been able to get it wet and my skin is fine. i asked about a shoe to put on cast and they said no need. i guess they are afffaid i will walk on it!! i probbabbly would try to. crutches are no fun
mayby the next cast all toes wil lbe free and can at least move

Re: jones fracture

Dr. Z on 3/20/03 at 17:49 (113666)

Why no bone stimulator now. Where do you live. I sure would like to use ESWT on your fracture.

Re: jones fracture, bone stimulator

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/24/03 at 19:24 (114333)

Dr. Z:
Medicare criterion for bone stim. is now down to 3 months w/o healing -- not bad! It lowers the bar for other 3rd parties. I have just applied a bone stim. to a Jones fracture at 10 weeks -- the company gave two complementary weeks, knowing they were going to get paid starting at week 12.
Ed