Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

gastric slide?

Posted by mary b on 3/21/03 at 09:31 (113719)

Do any of the doctors here know if there is a doctor in wisconsin that performs the gastic slide procedure?

Re: gastroc slide?

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/21/03 at 19:46 (113826)

Mary,

I think you mean a 'gastroc' slide, which is a procedure to lengthen the Achilles tendon. Gastroc is short for the gastrocnemius tendon. If you let me know where you live in Wisconsin, I'll try to see if I know of anyone in your area.

mary on 3/22/03 at 09:12 (113873)

thank you for replying david. I live in the milwaukee area

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/22/03 at 10:38 (113883)

Mary, I don't know the surrounding towns, but I there is a Dr. Randall Dei, and you may want to give him a call. He practices in Milwaukee, so you should be able to find his number easily. I can't definitely state what procedures each doctor performs, but it may be worth a phone call.

mary on 3/23/03 at 07:12 (113966)

David thanks for your time. i just have this horrible pain in both feet. The pain is between the acilles insertion point and the insertion of the plantar fascia. To me it seem to be below the busra sac and on the calcaneus. you can see a bruise on the rear bottom of my foot at the end of the day. Its always there. Sometimes its the size of a halff dollar. My doctor has told me that i should be stretching. but any type of stretching clearly makes it worse. I do not have pf pain, I can press at the insertion point of the plantar fascia and it really donest bother me. the pain is farther back. I am going to try some heel lifts under my orthotics. I have had this pain for a number of years. I know that my achilles is tight. I am just thinking that i am running out of options here. Do you have any suggestions? Can i email you directly?

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/23/03 at 19:34 (114053)

Mary, I'd be happy to email you directly if you provide me with your email address!

mary on 3/24/03 at 08:44 (114149)

Thanks! My email is (email removed)

dave r on 3/24/03 at 09:48 (114164)

I have a couple of questions for you too. If i could email you that would be great. My email is (email removed)