Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pay and Responsibility

Posted by john h on 3/21/03 at 09:47 (113721)

General Tommy Franks who heads the entire war effort in Iraq is a 4 star General with over 30 years military service. He has more responsibility than any corporate leader in the world and mose lives he is responsible for. Considering the Army,Marines,Navy, and Air Force he has over a million men and women who are depending on him to make the right decisions. He is responsible for billions and billions of assets.

What do you think this man is paid? I think it is around $145,000 per year. My stock broker makes more than that. These guys are not in this for the money. It has not been long ago that our Privates in the military qualifed for food stamps..

Re: Pay and Responsibility

Leon S. on 3/21/03 at 18:35 (113807)

Hw gets to wear a neat uniform, doesn't have to buy a house and gets 3 squares a day. That's got to account for something.

BrianG on 3/21/03 at 19:02 (113819)

Don't worry John, in about 6 months Franks will be retired and write his first book. I can hear the million$ entering his bank account right now. It's the guys who report to him, who are the one's getting screwed big time!!

BrianG

john h on 3/22/03 at 10:42 (113884)

Brain: I spent two years in Vienam as you know. I clearly remember thinking how much would they have to pay me to do this job if I did if for money. I decided I would not fly 100 missions again over Vietnam for $10 million dolllars. Of course like all the guys around me we were not there for money but for something that sounds corny and old fashioned and I think was echoed by General MacArthur; 'Duty,Honor,Country'. Those are not just empty words out of a book but words many of your military people live by.

BrianG on 3/22/03 at 21:21 (113947)

I think we would both agree that it's called patriotism. You know if it wasn't for 9-11, there wouldn't have been a surge of patriotism among the young people. Enlistments went way up, and we now have more than enough men to get the job done. Quite ironic, isn't it!!

BrianG

PS: And now I'm hearing one of our men fragged three tents, containing his own sleeping officers. Pretty bad, especially in an all volunteer military! :*(
At least the govt. has the death chamber all ready to go, thanks to Oaklahoma City and Timothy McVeigh.