Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Constant Tingling in Heel

Posted by Charlene C. on 3/21/03 at 10:39 (113728)

I have experienced constant tingling in my right heel for several years now. It is worse at times than others. I cannot set my heel down on the mattress at night when going to sleep because it then becomes extremely annoying and almost painful. Yesterday I heard a commercial about some disease which I do not remember the medical terminology of, but they had some initials for it. It was something like OAI or OIA or similar. They said you also get sores on your legs that don't heal well and is very debilitating. Do you know anything about this disease? I have tried to research it on the internet but come up empty. Is there anything you can recommend to do about this tingling sensation that never goes away?

Re: Constant Tingling in Heel

Dr. Z on 3/21/03 at 14:16 (113757)

hI

It could be Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. This is a nerve entrapement of the posterior tibial nerve. This nerve runs on the inside of your ankle bone. Have you had any doctors evaluate you about this

Re: Constant Tingling in Heel

Charlene C. on 3/21/03 at 17:37 (113800)

No I haven't gone to see anyone about it. guess I don't like complaining. Would I see a regular doctor or should I go directly to a foot doctor?