Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain

Posted by Angie on 3/21/03 at 15:37 (113783)

For the past 2 months, I have had heel pain (back bottom of heel toward the outside) when I bear weight or try to stretch. It is most excruciating when I get out of bed (I can barely stand to walk) and after I have been sitting for over 10 minutes and then stand up. After being up for a short time, it is only mild; but it also gets worse if I am on it for a long time. My arch is flat on the same foot, and I have been wearing orthotics for years, but this pain is very new. I am going to see my physician next week about this, but I am curious as to what this may be and what treatment options are out there. Thank you for your time.

Angie

Re: Heel pain

Dr. Z on 3/21/03 at 22:35 (113849)

Hi

It sound like plantar fasciitis. Read the hee pain book to educate yourself. Glad you are seeking early treatment which has a very high rate of pain resolution. In the mean time no bare feet. Heat, Adavil two three time daily is helpful it you can take this. Taping is also great. Take a look at the video on this site

Re: Heel pain

Angie on 3/23/03 at 19:08 (114047)

Thank you very much for the information.

Angie