Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Runner that doesn't want to give up and his EMG RESULTS

Posted by Dave on 3/21/03 at 18:10 (113804)

I thought I had TTS, but I guess I hit jackpot! Can I STILL RUN?!?!? I am 26 mind you.

David

I am in Spokane with the basketball team with variable schedule. The EMG/NCS results are as follows:

1. Motor axonal neuropathy of the bilateral lower extremities
consistent with a familial axonal neuropathy.
2. No evidence for a tarsal tunnel compression of the right or left
lower extremity.

Without speaking to Dr. Lotz who performed the EMG, I can tell you that it appears you have some type of genetic neurological disease which may or may not explain much of your chronic pain and pain in your elbows. I would recommend that you make a consultation appt with Dr. Lotz or Wachliwicz in neurology at their next available appt. I would also keep appt with the pyschologist who can help you sort through some of the stress, uncertainty and frustration that you may experience.

I will be back on Monday and will try to get in contact you tonight, this weekend or next week depending on our schedule.

David

Re: Runner that doesn't want to give up and his EMG RESULTS

Sherry on 3/21/03 at 20:28 (113833)

David
where is your pain ??feet and elbows??curious cause I told my husband that my elbow and my thumbs feels just like the pain i have in my feet but never put them together?
Sherry

Dave on 3/21/03 at 22:13 (113841)

Yeah, my pain is on the inside of both ankles and I have neuropathy in both elbow (tons of pain too) and pain in fingers due to neuropathy.
Dave

Sherry on 3/22/03 at 17:19 (113923)

David
what kind of pain is in your elbows? (PIPE)When I pick things up there is so much pain it is in comparison to the pain in my ankles..I say my ankles feel like I have jumped of a 10 story building and landed square on my feet and they jammed or split....any simularities?
Sherry
are you the same Dave that sent me a direct email?

Lara t on 3/22/03 at 21:15 (113946)

Please keep us posted. If you have a doc that serves a professional basketball team you're probably in very good hands. Basketball players have LOTS of feet problems.

Dave on 3/23/03 at 13:44 (114004)

Sherry:
Yes, I am the same Dave that sent you direct mail.

Dave