Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Im back to work

Posted by dave r on 3/24/03 at 09:31 (114157)

Well after 6 weeks i am finally back to work. I am doing well. My plantar fascia really doesnt hurt at all. I havent had any trouble with it. I still do however have achilles tendonitis or some other problem that is aggravating the back of my heel and the rear bottom of my heel. I have always had this problem along with pf. My pf was always worse so it seemed to hide the achilles pain. Now the achilles pain is alittle overwhelming cause the pf pain is gone.

Re: Im back to work

Mar on 3/25/03 at 11:12 (114461)

Dave -

Glad to hear that your PF pain is gone! How wonderful!! Are you able to 'walk', as in go for a walk yet? Keep healing and I hope that achilles gets some help. Mar

dave r on 3/25/03 at 11:31 (114472)

Thanks for the kind words Marilyn. i am able to do everything that i could before, which wasnt much! I am doing a little more each week. And i mean little. My heel is much better than it was. i will say that much. It is however still pretty stiff and i really cant stretch to much because of that other problem. I will be addressing that at my next doctors visit. If i had full range of motion with my feet i would be much better off. I will say this about the surgery, it was much easier than i ever could of imagined. My other foot even feels better. I already am walking better. i am not limping at all and i actually find myself not even thinking about my feet. So far so good!
i dont have any regrets, i just hope that it continues

Mar on 3/25/03 at 13:35 (114500)

Dave -

Not even thinking about your feet! GREAT! I can't even imagine that!! Yes - we all hope it continues -- be well - Mar

Sharon W on 3/25/03 at 13:39 (114501)

Dave,

Sounds like you're doing GREAT, though! Just keep on taking it easy, a little bit at a time, and you'll do just fine.

I'm so glad you've been able to go back to work without any major problems!

Sharon

dave r on 3/25/03 at 14:46 (114511)

thanks Sharon!

marie on 3/30/03 at 20:17 (114947)

:)

Take one day at a time. All of this will be an old memory a year from now. One step at a time.....soon there will be so many steps you won't count them anymore.

Stick with it!

marie