Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Michael Moore Oscars

Posted by BGCPed on 3/24/03 at 09:56 (114172)

I thought it was great they way he was booed, then the music drowned him out. He thought he was going to get a standing O from everyone. He said we had a false President that was elected falsely. I thought documentaries were supposed to be more objective. He used many lies and half truths to support his agenda.
Afterward he stated it was great to be in a country that allows you to speak out, and what he said was very patriotic. I wish he would go to Iraq and do a documentary. He could call it Hey Ho Saddam must Go. Any ideas on what would kill him first, lack of food or Saddam's thugs?

If I am not mistaken there is a site that exposes some of his lies. try http://www.moorewatch.com to get a perspective on this swell guy

Re: Michael Moore Oscars

marie on 3/24/03 at 10:54 (114195)

I personally don't think the oscars are a place for politics but I am not surprised as this country has become almost divided over the war issue. Just as this board has become divided. I thought the sentiments from the actor who starred in the Pianist were thoughtful His concerns for our troops was considerate and caring. Closer to my own.

Has anyone seen The Pianist? What did you think of the film?

Re: Why "Bowling For Columbine" is not a documentary

Max K on 3/24/03 at 11:34 (114210)

Sharon W on 3/24/03 at 11:39 (114213)

I didn't watch the Oscars but I don't like the sound bites I've heard of his remarks -- I think they were almost as inappropriate as the booing. Since they decided to hold the Oscars while our soldiers are in battle, I had hoped that they at least would have restricted their comments to the usual 'I want to thank my director, my manicurist, my mother, my plastic surgeon...' But I still cannot condone the audience booing him when he received his award.

BGCPed on 3/24/03 at 13:26 (114235)

Well in that case I do condone it. What he said was his opinion but it was selfish and dishonest. I think the link above is great. I wondered last night how it could be considered a documentary when it if full of factual lies.

Another point I found strange, he invited all of the other nominees for documentaries up on stage. They didnt look comfortable but he grabbed them on his way up. About 8 people up there behind him then he goes into his rant. They looked dumbfounded and I think they probably felt used.

But knowing his history I am sure their thoughts and feelings on the matter didnt matter