Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

questiond for my doctor

Posted by tammy s on 3/29/03 at 09:38 (114873)

I am seeing a new doctor ( the only one in my area that performs ESWT)
next week. How much experience is nessesary for a good outcome? Also, besides these questions what should I ask? 1 What type of machine, and is it low or hi energy, and why? 2. Recovery time and expectations? 3. Side effects? 4. anesthesia used? ...........I also have another general question for PF patients. I have hard molded orthotics that I have been wearing for 4 years and they hurt my feet so I recently stopped wearing them and think I feel better without.Much of the cramping I was feeling is gone now. I wear good supportive shoes with backs and Birkenstock sandals. One podiatrist told me never to wear sandals ONLY shoes with a back to them. What is everyone else doing or being told by your doctors?
Tammy S

Re: questiond for my doctor

Dr. Z on 3/29/03 at 09:57 (114876)

There is some very informative postering that cover this topic very well.
Try using the search engine. Experience is very important, both with the procedure, the doctors experience with surgery and in general his diagnostic ability