Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I just contacted the Bayshore Pain Clinics in Canada

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 13:47 (115006)

As you all know from all my whining...I am so so so sick of this darn pain, I am willing to go to Canada and get treated (I do have the money saved up).

I would love to hear from anybody who went there, I put my e-mail on this so it will send me your replies to this thread.

Re: re:

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 14:20 (115020)

I wanted to add, I am reading through these threads on this. I guess I am a bit frightened about pain of treatment and wonder on the success rate the most.

Re: I found somebody in Pleasanton on this board~

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 14:55 (115030)

I am so hyper, I am calling him at my lunch. Maybe I wont need to go up to Canada after all. ;)

Re: I found somebody in Pleasanton on this board~

Molly on 3/31/03 at 15:19 (115035)

Mahatmelissama- we talked before, remember me? email me! I'm in Florida. I went to Toronto in January to the Bayshore Clinis

Re: I just contacted the Bayshore Pain Clinics in Canada

Pauline on 3/31/03 at 15:42 (115036)

I think your making a wise decision.

SteveG on 3/31/03 at 16:06 (115040)

I have had the low energy treatment, with the same approach they use at Bayshore. Don't worry about the pain; they adjust it as you go along. If it seems to intense, just let them know. The interesting thing for me was that, although there was some pain with the treatment, if felt good in a way, like the discomfort that comes during a massage, like being able to scratch an itch. The success rate seems to be comparable for all of the machines out there. It did improve the pain in my heels. I can stand in line at the grocery store without grinding my teeth. I still have some pain in the arch and behind the toes, so I will have to see if that diminishes with time.

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 16:33 (115042)

I tlaked to Dr. Craig Klooster, DPM, in Pleasanton, CA (mentioned on the next page behind this one). He does ESWT. We are meeting on Friday. I found him after I contacted Bayshore.

I may go through him since he is close by. :)

I am so happy to hear it does not hurt!

Re: Pleasanton, CA Doc thread I found on next page.

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 16:35 (115043)

bbv.cgi?n=113342

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 16:36 (115044)

STeve,

Did you ever have pain so much that your foot cramped? Did you ever have muscle spasms in your legs?

SteveG on 3/31/03 at 16:44 (115045)

Yes - Since the beginning (over a year) I have had the muscles in the ball of my foot cramp up - that's when they hurt. When this happens my feet feel heavy and stiff. I don't think I have had spasms in my legs. However, the muscles in my calves will sometimes twitch (they also twitch in my feet) when this happens, I can both see and feel them twitch.

rekha s on 3/31/03 at 18:54 (115057)

hi there, I just had eswt with Craig Klooster on Thursday. I am doing ok...I had some post eswt soreness, but now am doing better....I am also going in for my post eswt checkup with dr klooster tomorrow. I have had eswt in the past and have gotten better with it.....

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/31/03 at 20:41 (115070)

Mahatmelissama:

There are different ways to make the treatment comfortable. High energy treatments such as Ossatron and Dornier do require some form of anesthesia.
I have used IV sedation or Bier blocks with Ossatron, local blocks around the heel with Dornier. Low energy machines such as Sonocur require no anesthesia because aiming is done by finding the most tender spot. I have, rarely, performed local blocks with low energy after finding the tender spot when required to make the treatment more comfortable.
Ed

Re: Yo! rekha, my appt with Dr. Klooster is on Friday...

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 21:48 (115077)

Just a sort of briefing. Thx for sharing! :D

Re: Ossatron is what this doc uses according to rekha's post

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 21:55 (115079)

I am nervous but going for it. Appt on Friday morning.
I took my roomie's dog, Beast, for a walk and it made me sad I had to come back so quick. My feet starting aching too. Since I have gotten better with the Orthotics, slight weightloss, PT, stretching and massager thing I use...maybe this ESWT will be the trick to make me be able to walk Beast 2 or even 3 blocks Sllloooowwwwly, standing low periods of time while he tries sniff every single thing. *sigh*

Re: appt fri is only briefing and meeting ;) eom

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 21:56 (115080)

Re: mucho gracias Steve for the 411 on that

Mahatmelissama on 3/31/03 at 22:00 (115081)

:D