Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bottom of foot infection

Posted by Victoria on 4/01/03 at 08:55 (115088)

Last year I went for a pedicure and since then the bottoms of my feet (heels) are covered with this cracked and crusty skin. At times it's so painful I can hardly walk. I've tried everything. Could you help me please. It is so ugly I can't wear sandels now.

Re: bottom of foot infection

Mahatmelissama on 4/02/03 at 17:47 (115196)

I aint a doctor Victoria but I HAD THAT AND I had toe fungus on top of that! (Nasty!)

For cracked skin, a podatrist gave me some Rx that is comparable to Euercin otc lotion. She told me to go out and buy Euercin when I was done...but I haven't needed to.

What I personally did that worked:
1) used that rx (don't know what it was sorry)
2) have a loofah brush in shower, use it almost every shower/bath
3) stopped wearing open sandles, cover feet with socks all the time
(no exposure)
4) cut hard callouses CAREFULLY off with CLEAN nail scissors - do this at your own risk, you got to not cut too deep or you will bleed, TRUST ME.

What killed nail fungus:
1) Using tree-oil drops that stink (bought them at Trader Joes) on big toe nail every night till I passed out
2) NOT going to any pedicure places anymore!

Re: BTW, you should go see a doctor! eom ;)

Mahatmelissama on 4/02/03 at 17:48 (115197)


Re: BTW, you should go see a doctor! eom ;)

Dr. David S. Wander on 4/03/03 at 08:29 (115265)

Victoria, prior to treating this yourself I would highly recommend that you see a podiatrist or dermatologist. You may have 'xerosis' which is basically dry and cracking skin, or you may have 'tinea pedis' which is better known as athlete's foot. Naturally, there are other disorders such as ezcema, psoriasis, etc., but chances are that it's athlete's foot or dry skin. See a doctor to make sure the treatment you receive is correct, since the treatment for these conditions is different.