Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by darah on 4/02/03 at 22:12 (115233)

Hello everyone I was just wandering If there are any In home treatments that I can use I have really bad heel pain and I was just wandering please respond or e-mail at (email removed) thanks!!

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/03/03 at 06:27 (115253)

You're in luck! There's a whole book about home treatments that's available for free on this website. Just click on heel pain book and that should take you there. Also, you will probably find out more if you keep reading the message boards like this and hearing about what other people find helps.

Carole C

BrianG on 4/03/03 at 21:14 (115364)

Hi Darah,

Here are 3 quick ones: Rest, ice & taping. There are others, but these tend to help me.

BrianG

Ellen J. on 4/04/03 at 21:27 (115450)

Hi Darah,
The other notes had some good advice. I'll add my two cents worth and say, 'check your shoes'. Are you wearing shoes with high heels? That can mess up your feet. Were you wearing a certain pair alot when you got heel pain, or were you engaging in some kind of sport? Sometimes it helps if you can figure out what caused it to begin with, and that can tell you what to avoid in order to get better.
Keep posting to this message board and ask questions. I know that many people on this board have helped me and I sure do appreciate it.
Ellen J.

john h on 4/05/03 at 17:23 (115495)

Seems like every thing I read notes to not wear heels more than 2' high for healthy feet. From this guys point of view women look every bit as good in 2' heels as those gaudy spiked models. I have always thought in the Miss America Pagent that the girls in bathing suits with heels looked goofy.

Ellen J. on 4/05/03 at 18:23 (115504)

The males in my life have also thought the same thing. They seem to like the athletic look alot more than the beauty pageant look. Of course, that is here in Vermont and maybe the guys would have diffferent taste elsewhere. Where I live, I'm just trying to figure out how to wear sandals while it's still snowing.
Ellen J.