Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS of PF? I'm not sure

Posted by HilaryG on 4/03/03 at 06:55 (115256)

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference in symptoms of PF and TTS. My Pod tapped me for Tinel- but no response. He told me that doesn't necessarily mean no TTS. He did say that what I have is most likely PF and adjusted my orthotics, which I already wore for painful flat feet. Since I don't have the typical pain on first steps in the morning I am concerned that maybe what I have is TTS and not PF. I do have primarily heel and arch pain, but sometimes after standing for a long time I also have some pains in the insides of my ankles. There is no numbness or tingling, just pain. I do have a appt with an ortho who specializes in foot and ankle in two weeks. Any ideas?

Re: TTS of PF? I'm not sure

Lara t on 4/03/03 at 09:07 (115268)

Good thinking. Your doctor is right about a lot of stuff. Most people have PF - it's relatively common. TTS occurs a lot less often. On that basis alone, PF is more likely. I don't have Tinel's sign either, and I do have TTS.

An NCV test is the test to determine TTS, although a negative result doesn't mean you don't have TTS.

Probably the thing I would do next is ask the doctors I'm wokring with is how many PF and how many TTS patients they have. The biggest problem I encountered was many doctors (PCP, Pods & Orthopods) just didn't know TTS. Even if what you have is PF, it would be good to have someone who knows TTS rule it out.

Your symptoms are a lot different from mine so I don't know if they indicate TTS or PF