Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4 surgeries now T.T.S!!

Posted by G ROGERS on 4/03/03 at 20:00 (115361)

I have had 2 plantar faschia releases several years ago and more recently 2 achilles tendon surgeries with bone spur removal. Still in pain!! I have now been diagonosed with T.T.S,severe and chronic. I am already taking 20 mg. of Bextra just finished a corisone dose pack. My toes and feet hurt and burn etc. I can hardly walk. My orthopaedic has prescribed 8 laser treatments at the physical therapist where I go. What are my odds for improvement , I fear I will soon be unable to do my job if this pain continues. I am required to wear steel toes which make it hard to walk with out limping . Any ideas or thoughts for help!!!

Re: 4 surgeries now T.T.S!!

SteveG on 4/05/03 at 18:48 (115509)

Sounds like you will need a complete diagnostic work up to see if they can find the source of the TTS. Many people on this board with nerve pain find help with Neurotonin. You should talk to your doc about trying this medication. It will help with your symptoms while you find the source of the TTS and get a prognosis.

Sherrie on 4/06/03 at 13:57 (115535)

What type of laser treatments are you having? I it the microlight cold laser? I have been reading about this and have thought about trying to have it done for tts of my own.Boy do I sympathize with you, having foot and ankle pain is really the pits isn't it? Feel better soon. Sherrie

G ROGERS on 4/08/03 at 20:41 (115724)

Sherrie, I am having the cold laser treatment at the physical therapist's office. I have had only one visit since I am working 12 hour days all this week,but I will go back Friday, since I am on vacation and have the rest ( 7 treatments) so hopefully I can tell more about the results. The pain from walking(except stiffness ,till it warms up!) is better but it feels as if it is asleep. Maybe the cortisone dose pack has kicked in! Thanks, I will let you know more about the sucess after this week. Hope it works maybe it can help you and others as well! Take care!! Gail /;