Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New to PF

Posted by Don S on 4/04/03 at 21:29 (115451)

Hi, I have read the posts and I am amazed. I have had PF for only a year. The pain is unbearable at times. I am a cook so I am on my feet at all times. Been seeing my pod and he says I have ran out of options. He doesn't recomend ESWT because he says it needs more study. He said he would refer me to his partner who does ESWT. I am to see his partner next Wednesday and was wondering what questions to ask since most of you have been through this. Thank you.

Re: New to PF

Dr. Z on 4/05/03 at 09:27 (115469)

Use the search engine for ESWT . I list a lot of questions. Two which are important are how many have you done. It is my feeling that at least twenty is needed if not more

BrianG on 4/06/03 at 18:01 (115543)

Hi Don,

Are you going to be able to rest after your treatment? If not, you could be risking any treatment you have. This is especially true if your job has contributed to your PF.

Regards,
BrianG, not a doc

Don S on 4/09/03 at 22:46 (115813)

I plan on taking vacation during this time. Am scheduled to have it done on June 17.