Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel Surgery

Posted by Pat S on 4/04/03 at 22:13 (115455)

Can Tarsal Tunnel Surgery be done twice on a person? I had tarsal tunnel surgery in l984. The nerve is compressed again. Can this surgery be repeated?

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Surgery

Dr. Z on 4/05/03 at 12:42 (115475)

yes

Re: Would the Doctors on the board recommend Dr. Dellon for tts surgery?

Sherrie on 4/06/03 at 13:53 (115533)

Hi, I have tts in my right ankle and I live in Md. and have read some info. on Dr. Dellon for tts surgery- My question is, would you recommend seeing him for a consult or should i let my podiatrist do the surgery? Please answer as if it were you having this problem and were considering surgery- what is your gut feelings? Thanks

Dr. Z on 4/06/03 at 14:08 (115537)

Hi

Dellon does alot of TTS surgery. How many cases does your present doctor do and what is your relationship with you doctor. The after care is just as important as the foot surgery

Dr. David S. Wander on 4/06/03 at 19:06 (115546)

Just as Dr. Z stated, it depends on how many of these surgeries your present podiatrist performs. Dr. Dellon is well published on this procedure and teaches his technique to many doctors. I would certainly highly recommend Dr. Dellon.

Sherrie on 4/08/03 at 10:37 (115656)

Thank you Dr.Z and Dr. Wander, I will ask my podiatrist how many she has performed and I will also schedule a consult with Dr.Dellon and see how I like him. I'm really not sure I want surgery but incase I decide to go ahead with it I will have covered all options.

Shelli on 4/10/03 at 18:20 (115897)

To respond about Dr. Dellon. He did TTS surgery on me about three years ago. I had increased pain amost from the start after surgery. Went back for follow up. He just told me that he never had to do a TT revision and wasn't going to start now. I ended up having to have the other foot done for TT by a Podiatrist locally. That one turned out fine. I was supposed to have a vein wrap on the first TT foot done by another doc in Baltimore, but broke my wrist and had to postpone it. I know every doctor can have surgeries that don't turn out as planned. I guess my point is that I feel that Dellon isn't as good as he likes to think.