Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne......

Posted by JudyS on 4/05/03 at 21:10 (115511)

Ditto everyone's thoughts about Suzanne today........I found myself wondering about her while I was playing first base this morning! Managed to keep things down to just one error though :)

Re: You all are so special...

Suzanne D on 4/05/03 at 22:46 (115517)

Thanks to all of you who have written to let me know you were thinking of my family and me today! It was a beautiful wedding on a cool but sunny afternoon with 300 or more in attendance. I was so grateful for the many friends and family who were able to be with us. There were 17 staff from my school and 4 from my former school which I have been away from for 10 years. And there were 3 little girls from my school class this year which was special. That meant a great deal to me as well as knowing I had the thoughts and good wishes of many of my Heelspur Friends! :) I saw family I hadn't been with in at least a year and met more of my son-in-law's family. My best friend from college was able to attend which was wonderful.

Enough about me ~ of course the day was about my daughter and her husband. The video of pictures of the two of them from baby to adulthood had many sniffling yet laughing as well. It was a little like watching her life go by in front of me with pretty music playing as we looked on. I am looking forward to seeing pictures as I felt I was in a daze as it was going on!

Once again, thank you to my special friends here. I knew you were thinking of me, and that gave me strength.

Good night, everyone!
Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/05/03 at 23:17 (115520)

What a wonderful wedding! Thanks for the description. I'm glad everything went well. I remember not so many months ago, when you were worried about whether or not your feet could take it. It sounds like you did all right, and if so, good for you!

Good night. I should get some sleep too.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 4/06/03 at 08:30 (115525)

Yes, Carole, my feet did fine! I am so thankful for that. From noon until 7:00 I had on SAS dress sandals (of course no orthotics in them), and I did not even think about my feet! This morning they seem no stiffer than usual and do not hurt. That was such a blessing. And I hope it is an encouragement to others. It has been almost 2 years since the onset of my PF, and there were plenty of times when I could not have dreamed of standing as many hours as I did yesterday without pain.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! It is quite chilly here this morning in KY with temperatures only to be in the 50's. There will be some clean-up today in the camp dining room where the reception was held after my husband's family leaves this afternoon. Then back to school tomorrow!

My best to all of you,

Bev on 4/06/03 at 10:48 (115529)

Suzanne D. , So happy to hear all went well and your feet behaved themselves too, sounds like you all had a beautiful day :x

Re: Some hahahaha's :*)

BrianG on 4/06/03 at 17:50 (115542)

Hi Suzanne,

Here are a couple laughs, to help get you back in the mood for school :*)

BrianG

To Lighten the Mood

A first grade teacher collected well known proverbs. She gave each child
in
her class the first half of a proverb and asked them to come up with
the
remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done
by
first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading these keep
in
mind that these are first graders... '6' year-olds, because the
last
one
is
a classic!
Better to be safe than...................... punch a 5th grader.
Strike while the ...........................bug is close.
It's always darkest before..................Daylight Saving Time.
Never underestimate the power of............termites.
You can lead a horse to water but........... how?
Don't bite the hand that....................looks dirty.
No news is..................................impossible.
A miss is as good as a...................... Mr.
You can't teach an old dog new.............. math.
If you lie down with dogs, you'll...... stink in the morning.
Love all, trust.............................me.
The pen is mightier than the................pigs.
An idle mind is...............the best way to relax.
Where there's smoke there's................. pollution.
Happy the bride who............gets all the presents.
A penny saved is............................ not much.
Two's company, three's...................... the Musketeers.
Don't put off till tomorrow what............you put on to go to
bed.
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and.....you have to
blow
your nose.
There are none so blind as..................Stevie Wonder.
Children should be seen and not.............spanked or grounded.
If at first you don't succeed...............get new batteries.
You get out of something only what you..... see in the picture on
the
box.
When the blind leadeth the blind............ get out of the way.
And the favorite:::::::::
Better late than........................... pregnant.

Suzanne D on 4/06/03 at 21:35 (115553)

Thank you, Bev! Yes, we did, and today has been cold and rainy, so we were thankful all the more for a nice day yesterday!

I was careful with my feet today so as not to push it, and I'm wearing my Annapolis Birks. But they held up well yesterday, and I am thankful for that, too.

Hope you've had a good weekend!

Suzanne D on 4/06/03 at 21:49 (115554)

Oh, yes, Brian, these ARE funny and sound just like things my children might say. Thanks! That helps me be ready to go back tomorrow!

Report cards go out tomorrow, and I just finished those. I made myself do that before I got on the internet!

I found out that Friday my most challenging little boy hit and scratched the substitute and had to be sent home. I was worried about leaving him as any change really throws him. Our new and much bigger school building has been hard for him to adjust to, and Wednesday I asked the principal and counselor for some help with him for Thursday and Friday when I would be gone. It's hard for anyone who hasn't been around him much to deal with his outbreaks. Unfortunately he still got out of control, and I hate that it happened. I hope tomorrow things will be calmer.

Speaking of funny things kids say, Wednesday I talked to my children about being out Thursday and Friday. I showed them a picture of my daughter when she was in first grade and told them she would be 22 years old on April 20. One of them said, 'Gosh! Twenty-two! She must be humongous. She must be bigger than you!' They think 20 is so old and that you just keep getting bigger with age, I guess. I didn't ask how old they think I am! :>

Take care,

Kathy G on 4/07/03 at 17:19 (115604)

Aren't they funny? When my son was young, he used to say, 'When you get little, Mummy.....' or 'When you grow little...' For some reason, he didn't think he was going to get bigger but that I was going to get smaller. Oh, if only it worked that way!

I'm so glad things went well, Suzanne, and that both the weather and your feet cooperated!

Re: Suzanne......

Necee on 4/07/03 at 18:34 (115608)

I'm so glad that things went well Suzanne. I thought about you Saturday!
How nice to have so many friends and family in attendance.
A friend of mine has a daughter who's getting married this summer, she's very upset because her daughter has chosen to go to St. Lucia and be wed there. She feels so left out, but is trying to understand, it's her daughters decision, but still it's hard for her.

Happy trails @};-
Necee

clara on 4/08/03 at 11:24 (115672)

Hello Suzanne! Here I am again. I haven´t check 'the board' for a month!
Now, I am hoping you are allright? I have no hurt feet at the moment, but it comes, and goes, mostly it is ok. I am so thankful every morning I go up, that the feet doesn´t hurt!

Take care
Clara from Sweden

Re: An interesting wedding story -

JudyS on 4/08/03 at 13:18 (115680)

Necee, you're mention of your friend missing her daughter's wedding in St. Lucia reminds me of something - I have a friend who was married to a Mormon, converted, and they raised four children in the Morman church. She eventually left her husband and, when her children were being married, she was not allowed to attend becuase she'd violated the Mormon code regarding her marriage. I cannot even begin to imagine not attending my children's weddings.

Suzanne D on 4/08/03 at 14:52 (115693)

Hello, Clara! It is so good to hear from you again! I asked about you on the board some weeks ago, but my post quickly got on the next page, and you didn't see it. I am happy you are having much less pain now! I am, too, and I feel the same as you: I am thankful each day for less pain than before.

Are you still working in the library? How are your sons?

Thanks for checking in with us!
Suzanne :-)

Suzanne D on 4/08/03 at 14:53 (115694)

Thanks for your thoughts, Necee! It has meant a great deal to me to know others were thinking of us during this important time.

Like Judy, I can't imagine not being able to attend your children's weddings. I imagine that is hard for your friend.

Take care,
Suzanne :-)

Suzanne D on 4/08/03 at 14:54 (115695)

Thank you, Kathy! :-)

Re: To Clara

Kathy G on 4/10/03 at 08:01 (115830)

Hi Clara,

I was just thinking about you last week! How is work at the library? How are your sons? They must be getting big!

I'm glad to hear that your feet don't bother you very often now!

Hope everything is well with you and your family. It was so nice to hear from you.

Kathy

Re: To Clara

Necee on 4/10/03 at 13:37 (115866)

Hi Clara, greetings from Texas!
I echo what Kathy said, hope you continue to keep in touch with us all here.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: ESWT in Sweden ?

Goran K on 11/08/03 at 04:01 (136782)

Hi Clara!

I have suffered from heel spur 6 months now, despite some conventional tratments. Do you know clinics/doctors in Sweden where I can get ESWT?
Have you tried ESWT? I have read a lot about ESWT on this site (and on Medline, sites in the UK etc) and it seems to be a better alternative to test compared to steroids and surgery. I have two wonderful twins (boy + girl), 1.5 yers old, and it would be nice to be able to play with them without foot pain.

Regards,

Goran (from Stockholm,Sweden)

Re: ESWT in Sweden ?

Julie on 11/08/03 at 06:33 (136786)

Hello Goran

The post of Clara's that you saw is seven months old, and it's very unlikely she will see yours - I don't think she has been here since last April.

I used the search facility to see if I could answer your question and it came up with 0 doctors who do ESWT in Sweden. That doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any, though. Your best bet would be to consult a podiatrist who might know more about the situation in your country (or could find out for you).

ESWT is available at a couple of clinics in the UK, but your best bet might be to try Germany, where I believe there are more.