Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

UPDATE ON ME

Posted by Linda on 4/08/03 at 10:29 (115652)

I HAD MY SURGERIES OF PLANTAR FASCIA RELEASE,TARSAL TUNNEL RELEASE,AND HEEL SPUR EXCISION ON 12/14/01, AND ON 3/29/02. I HAVE BEEN DOING PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR THE WHOLE TIME. I AM FINALLY ABLE TO BEAR WEIGHT FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES NOW WITHOUT PAIN. AFTER 45 MINUTES,I START EXPERIENCING PAIN. IT ISN'T AS BAD AS IT WAS,AND IT'S ACTUALLY TOLERABLE.
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LONG I WAS IN PHYSICAL THERAPY BEFORE IT ACTUALLY STARTED WORKING.
IF I HAD THE SURGERIES TO DO ALL OVER AGAIN,I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN EITHER PROCEDURE DONE. THE PAIN LASTS WAY TOO LONG,AND I STILL GET SOME SHOOTING PAINS UP MY FEET.
MOST OF MY THERAPY WAS EMS AND ULTRASOUND ON THE CALF.
JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE

Re: UPDATE ON ME

Bev on 4/08/03 at 11:32 (115674)

Linda, You sure have had a long battle with this. Are you on any meds now or only the PT? Did you ever have ESWT?How are you doing today? Are you able to work with all of this pain and surgeries? i really feel for you :-s

Linda on 4/09/03 at 05:36 (115744)

ACTUALLY I HAVE DEALT WITH PLANTAR FASCIITIS SINCE 1994. IT JUST GOT REALLY BAD AFTER I LOST 123 LBS. I AM NOT ON ANY MEDS RIGHT NOW,AND MY LAST PHYSICAL THERAPY SESSION IS THIS THURSDAY. I AM UNABLE TO WORK,AND HAVEN'T SINCE SEPT 2001 BECAUSE I AM A PERSONAL TRAINER. (I JUST HAD SURGERY ON MY ARM FOR TUMORS,SO I CAN'T EVEN IF I WANT TO)
I JUST WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO RUN AGAIN. I WAS RUNNING 10 MILES A DAY BEFORE SEPT 2001. MY DOG MISSES IT TOO...LOL.
I AM HOPING I CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL. UNFORTUNATELY,MY HUBBY HAS BEEN LAID OFF SINCE NOVEMBER,AND OUR HEALTH INSURANCE RUNS OUT ON APRIL 14TH. THE PODIATRIST SAID AS SOON AS WE GET NEW INSURANCE,HE WILL SET ME UP TO GET THE ESWT.

Marty on 4/10/03 at 12:57 (115859)

Did your pod release all the medial fibers? If not you might still have pain. Still don't give up it's still early to be pain free with that much surgery. I too have had the same things done in February and still have swelling etc.

Marty

dave r on 4/10/03 at 13:08 (115861)

hey there Marty, i was wondering how you have been. How is the foot? Are you able to walk around yet comfortably?

Linda on 4/11/03 at 07:52 (115926)

YES, HE DID RELEASE ALL OF THE MEDIAL FIBERS. I AM NOW UP TO 30 MINUTES WEIGHT BEARING WITHOUT PAIN. I AM SLOWLY IMPROVING. I JUST AM NOT A PATIENT PERSON,AND BEING NATURALLY ATHLETIC DOESN'T HELP. I AM COACHING SOCCER NOW, SO I'LL BE ON MY FEET ABOUT 2 HRS EVERY SATURDAY. I'M GONNA BRING A CHAIR TO REST A BIT

Linda on 4/11/03 at 07:54 (115927)

I AM NOW PAIN FREE FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES, THEN I GET EXCRUCIATING PAIN. I AM HOPING THAT IT IMPROVES WITH MORE TIME. THIS TIME I AM TAKING IT SLOW. MY MISTAKE LAST TIME WAS I STARTED RUNNING 10MILES A DAY AS SOON AS MY FEET FELT BETTER. I HAVE NEW ORTHOTICS WHICH MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE,AND I WEAR HEEL CUPS TOO.