Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has anyone had luck with BEN GAY?

Posted by Lolly O on 4/08/03 at 11:03 (115667)

Has anyone had luck with BEN GAY for TTS.

I have tried everything known to man for my HS, PF & TTS. This last Dr. said that only surgery would help...which right now I am refusing.

I started putting BenGay on my feet and I think they are getting better.
Its been slow but it is the first improvement I have since in 9 months.

This may be just a co-incidence, but I want to share it w/the forum.

Re: Has anyone had luck with BEN GAY?

Lara t on 4/08/03 at 12:01 (115676)

What's HS?

I tried Capzesin (sp?) - didn't do much good, but didn't do it for long. Maybe I'll try the Ben Gay?

Have you tried compression socks? They work for some of us (like magic for a few of us).

Pam S. on 4/08/03 at 13:45 (115685)

I tried that CT cream i read about on these posts. After about a month I stopped because it did not help that much. Has anyone else had luck with CT cream? Now I will try the Ben Gay. Glad it is helping you!!! How long did you use it before you noticed improvement?

Re: Has anyone had luck with BEN AY?

Lolly O on 4/08/03 at 14:59 (115697)

I noticed a slight difference in 4-5 days, and it has continually slowly gotten better. I think I am actually HEALING. This is the first good sign in 9 months. Of course it may have just been my time to start healing.

DOWNSIDE: All the comments about the smell. My husband has to roll down the window when we are in the car.

Lolly O on 4/08/03 at 15:21 (115702)

HS=heel spurs PF=plantar fascis TTS=tarsel tunnel syndrom

Somehow my HS/PF turned into TTS.

I have done inserts, shots, exercises, taping, splints,Viox, Neurontin, etc...but I have not done Compression socks.

I considered them, but.....
After I was diagonosed with HS/PF, the POD had me wearing running shoes 24/7. My feet would swell. I think the TTS is a result of that tightness. The Ortho said to wear Birks (now my feet no longer swell.)

So now when I think of compression socks, I think of tightnes and swelling. That correlation may not be true.

lauriel on 4/08/03 at 18:18 (115709)

I am trying CT for tendonitis in my elbows. I found it after I had my surgery for TTS. I put the CT cream on my TTS area about 2 months after surgery, but I think it made it he area swell up more so I stopped using, I continue to use for my tendonits but dont see much difference.

HilaryG on 4/12/03 at 08:10 (115991)

Can someone plese tell me- What is CT cream?