Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John H

Posted by BrianJ on 4/09/03 at 21:22 (115805)

John --

I think you said you had ESWT with the Epos machine sometime in the recent past. Where did you have the procedure done, what doctor did it, and do you feel the Epos produced better results than the other ESWT machines that have been used to treat you in the past?

Re: John H

john h on 4/10/03 at 11:52 (115850)

Brian: I had an Epos treatment on my right foot in St Louis with Dr. Adamosky (spelling) on 27 December. I went to St Louis because it is only 45 minutes from home and I could be there and back before dinner.

It is hard to say that one machine is better than the other for me other than the Epos has the ultrsound so the Doctor can accurately guide the beam to the desired point. The Epos made very little noise compared to the Orby and since the Epos is directing the beam from the side of the foot I did not feel as much of a jar or shock wave that may have been bouncing off the heel bone with the Orby. The Orby did make my foot better and currently 12 weeks after my Epos treatment my foot has been at a pain level of 1 for about 5 weeks. Whether this will last or not I will just have to wait and see. Mohez had multiple treatments (11) and was finally cured after a number of years using various machines. I will go for another treatment in July possible. My sense is these treatments do no permenent damage and you never know when one of them may be the silver bullet.