Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

planters fibroma

Posted by Emma W on 4/11/03 at 14:07 (115960)

Hi. My name is Emma. I was diagnosed with a planters fibroma after having a MRI. Iwould really like to know more about it and the treatment of it. I have been seeing a podriatic for it. He has injected it with cortizone once. It has helped just a little. Please help me to understand better. Thanks, Emma

Re: planters fibroma

Barbara on 2/01/08 at 23:33 (242688)

I had a very large Planters Fibroma removed last week. I have seen 3 doctors and the only cure is surgery. Surgery is easy...out patient. The hard part - 3 weeks no walking! Most of the 3 weeks your foot MUST have your foot elevated. I was told never to have cortizone injections.
Good luck!

Re: planters fibroma

Brian D Patterson on 2/12/08 at 10:27 (243118)

I was recently diagnosed with planters fibroma in the arch of my left foot my dr said surgery is an option if the pain becomes to much. He also said he would have to remove a rather large area of the arch because this problem can become worse with surgery ie: more tumors all over the foot. But if they take enough out the problem should be resolved.Hope this helps