Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Happy Feet/Here to Stay??

Posted by Bev on 4/11/03 at 22:43 (115980)

;) Ellen, Just click on the area that says 'click here' right above 'comments' in our Comments area and all of those cute graphics come up. I don't know who put them there but they sure are adorable :0) . Yes, I know this PF is really a long haul for us, we just have to learn to be patient and to take one day at a time. I just have not had anything like this in so long that I don't have the patience to wait it out. When I was 7 and when I was 13 I had Rheumatic Fever so I was laid up those 2 years and home schooled and in a wheel chair, but that was a long time ago. I guess the Lord is slowing me down for a reason so I'd better just stop long enough to listen and find out what it is for, right? Better get to bed for now, night for now, Bev

Re: Happy Feet/Here to Stay??

Suzanne D on 4/12/03 at 16:32 (116005)

Bev, you and Ellen are both so right: foot problems don't heal quickly, and taking one day at a time can be a real help in dealing with them!

Scott, the webmaster here at Heelspurs.com, added the cute graphics for us to use just recently. There had been some problems and misunderstandings on the social board, and someone suggested that if those were available, it might help make messages clearer. If someone was teasing, for instance, they could add a cute face to help others know they weren't serious about what they wrote.

I think they are a nice addition to this site! Of course first grade teachers always like stickers and smiley faces! \:D/

Suzanne :)

Re: Happy Feet/Here to Stay??

Ellen J. on 4/12/03 at 20:42 (116015)

Hi Bev,
Thanks so much for telling me about the cute graphics, and thanks to Scott for making them available. It took me a minute to figure out the process #o. (I hope I did that graphic correctly. If not, you'll know I didn't figure it out yet!)
I know what you mean about not having anything like this in a long time. On my worst days I would lie on the couch and think, 'I can't believe this is happening!'.
Well, today I'm having a 'good foot day' and I hope you are too.
Ellen

Re: uh oh, I did it wrong

Ellen J. on 4/12/03 at 20:45 (116016)

Well, I typed in the text but no graphic appeared in the note. Did I do something wrong? I truly am computer-illiterate!
Oh well...
Ellen

Suzanne D on 4/12/03 at 22:18 (116021)

Hi, Ellen. The same thing happened to me once when I was trying to get one of the graphics to appear. Sometimes it's easy to not see a little dash or something small like that. :'>

Here's what I've found that helps remedy that. When you want to use a graphic, highlight with your mouse the figures that make that symbol. Then hit Ctrl and the letter C. Go back to your message and strike Ctrl and the letter Z. You'll get the right graphic every time that way!

Hope this helps!

Ellen J. on 4/13/03 at 08:22 (116030)

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks! I'm going to try your suggestion in this note and see if it works. :D OK, I just did it, but 'control z' didn't work so I hit 'control, V' instead. That gave me the symbols, at least so now I'll post the message and see if the face appears.
Thanks for your help!
Ellen J.

Re: It worked!

Suzanne D on 4/13/03 at 08:43 (116031)

Sorry, Ellen; I don't know why I typed 'Z' instead of 'V'! I'll blame it on tiredness last night! (When they taught us at school about copying and pasting, they said to remember 'V' for Velcro, and here I still told you wrong!)

I'm glad you were smart and figured it out! =D>

Re: It worked!

Ellen J. on 4/13/03 at 12:30 (116050)

Hi Suzanne,
No problem, as I regularly copy and paste links which I send to others, so I just did the usual. I'm not very good with computers, however, as I'm an artist who does everything by hand and never really developed any computer skills. These little faces are fun and they add a nice touch to notes.
Ellen