Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 weeks post eswt

Posted by rekha s on 4/13/03 at 15:39 (116056)

hello, I am two weeks post eswt and the pain in the treated heel is kind of worse..I have a question to ask of the dr's. while doing the nerve block prior to eswt, the dr got really close to the nerve near the ankle, and I felt an electrical type of pain going up my toes...I screamed, and he said..don't worry, that he got close to the nerve...

well, I have had electrical type of shooting pains similar to the one when he poked me...especially when I flex my heel and do my stretching exercises. The dr said this should clear up. My ques is that is this normal while doing a nerve block to get so close to the nerve? does this in any way injure the nerve?

I am also having lot of tingling lately. I go to see the dr on tues.

Re: 2 weeks post eswt

monte on 4/14/03 at 08:04 (116080)

hi...i had the same thing happen to me and it did get better. I couldn't stretch or even bend over without feeling the pulling and tingling. I used some Ben Gay type of sports cream on the ankle and did not do the stretches for a while and it all went away.

I also iced the area at night and did contrast baths.

It was a nerve that was hit and the jolt was incredible...I know what you felt. But it DID get better.

Hope this helps
Monte

Rosemary on 4/15/03 at 20:40 (116241)

Also had ESWT, did not experience the nerve being hit, but did experience tingling and pulling when flexing my foot. Also, tingling when tapping my ankle, which has subsided. This seems to come and go. Wondering if this is a healing reaction.

Robert F on 4/24/03 at 18:33 (117014)

HI..
i didnt have the eswt.. but had the nerve block for a cortizone shot.. the pain went right up to the toes. Dr told me there was no nerve to the toes.. .. took several months for the pain to be gone...